Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-09-2020, 18:48   #1
kingbhome

Forgetting about cash job.

I have got my accountant to file my tax return for last year already however there has been 3 weeks worth of cash jobs I forget to tell him about. Ive only remembered about it last night . Stupidly I forgotten that pit them in my diary at the time. Is it a simple process of phoning the accountant up, telling him about this and he pays another few weeks worth of tax or will I be hot with penalties for already filing then forgetting.
Advertisement
28-09-2020, 18:59   #2
wally1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbhome View Post
I have got my accountant to file my tax return for last year already however there has been 3 weeks worth of cash jobs I forget to tell him about. Ive only remembered about it last night . Stupidly I forgotten that pit them in my diary at the time. Is it a simple process of phoning the accountant up, telling him about this and he pays another few weeks worth of tax or will I be hot with penalties for already filing then forgetting.
There won't be any penalties

The penalities for for filing late or fraudulent returns and when caught

In your case, because it's last year return that is already submitted a simple amendment can be made

The deadline was extended to 13th if December this year so now that's yours is in, youve plenty of time however I'd recommend getting your accountant to file the amendment this week
28-09-2020, 19:02   #3
bobbyy gee
Banned

I always forget my cash jobs
but I also give 10% discount for cash
28-09-2020, 19:34   #4
kingbhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally1990 View Post
There won't be any penalties

The penalities for for filing late or fraudulent returns and when caught

In your case, because it's last year return that is already submitted a simple amendment can be made

The deadline was extended to 13th if December this year so now that's yours is in, youve plenty of time however I'd recommend getting your accountant to file the amendment this week
Why recommend this week? Is there a pacticlar reason?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion