Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2014 Merc S350, AC in multimedia settings

Options
  • 16-05-2021 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

First hot day since I purchased the above.
    Tried to "check" or select the AC box to turn it on in the multimedia settings and it immediately unchecked itself.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No but a cars a/c system should be used weekly, as the refrigerant also serves as the system lubricant.

If it's not run the rubber hoses will crack and perish.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

No but a cars a/c system should be used weekly, as the refrigerant also serves as the system lubricant.

If it's not run the rubber hoses will crack and perish.

I leave the a/c on all the time. When its warm it keeps the car cool and in the winter it dehumidifies it. No major difference in mpg with it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Surely no need to go to multimedia settings.

Is there not an auto button on the temperature setting dial as on most mercs?

https://youtu.be/Fo4uH6Qvce0

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

Plenty of cars have it, many BMWs from the mid 2000s, E60,E65 etc. More common than you would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Plenty of cars have it, many BMWs from the mid 2000s, E60,E65 etc. More common than you would think.

E chassis cars have snowflake button to turn a/c on

• Advertisement

Catglee wrote: »
    First hot day since I purchased the above.
    Tried to "check" or select the AC box to turn it on in the multimedia settings and it immediately unchecked itself.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Does the air conditioning turn on when you turn on the windscreen demister? Might be a way to check if its an issue with the ac or with how you're turning it on

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

E chassis cars have snowflake button to turn a/c on

They do, but to get it cold/hot you have to go into climate and change centre vent temperature. It's really confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Catglee

Does the air conditioning turn on when you turn on the windscreen demister? Might be a way to check if its an issue with the ac or with how you're turning it on

Hi, no... When I turn on the demister the AC does not kick in.

I'm going to contact the dealer tomorrow. I had a guarantee with he car, in people's experience would this come under same? I've got the car 4 weeks.
    Thanks for the suggestions all

Bring to them it might be showing a code as well for why ac isn't working for you

Or else they'll show you some button to turn it on that nobody here knew

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Catglee wrote: »
    Hi, no... When I turn on the demister the AC does not kick in.

I'm going to contact the dealer tomorrow. I had a guarantee with he car, in people's experience would this come under same? I've got the car 4 weeks.
    Thanks for the suggestions all

Be wary... if it's your standard "3 months engine and gearbox" warranty they likely won't cover this without charging you for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement