Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fishing in curraghchase Park.

• 16-05-2021 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Any idea if there is any fish in the lake in curraghchase Park?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Pike and roach for sure. I used to fish there as a child. Not sure how many pike are left these days, there used to be way more years back, and not bad sizes either (anecdotally I know people who caught big pike there a few decades ago, when few if any knew there were proper fish there) and fishing is tough due to the reed growth over the years (winter is often the best time).

There was actually a survey done there a few years ago but I've never been able to find a trace of it online, would be interested if any other members knew anything about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stonehall9

Lots of pike in it but impossible to fish now with the Reed

Stonehall9 wrote: »
    Lots of pike in it but impossible to fish now with the Reed

Is it still fishable in winter these days or are the reeds that bad now? It's been a good few years since I've fished there.

Gumbi wrote: »
    Is it still fishable in winter these days or are the reeds that bad now? It's been a good few years since I've fished there.

I live close to it and haven’t seen anyone fish it in a long time, pike must be big tho because the baby ducks on the ponds never survive there

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

I live close to it and haven’t seen anyone fish it in a long time, pike must be big tho because the baby ducks on the ponds never survive there

Do you reckon its a complete waste of time so?

Is there any spot at all fishable in it?

• Advertisement

Do you reckon its a complete waste of time so?

Is there any spot at all fishable in it?

You could fish the big lake from the concrete bowl side, has a nice flow of water always but I’d say bait or a worm might be your best bet !

You could fish the big lake from the concrete bowl side, has a nice flow of water always but I’d say bait or a worm might be your best bet !

When I last fished there a few years ago this was the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Gumbi wrote: »
    When I last fished there a few years ago this was the best option.

Had you any luck there?

Had you any luck there?

Nope but it was only for a few hours.

Advertisement