Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Average speed cameras UK, have you been fined?

Options
  • 28-04-2021 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here received a speeding fine from average speed Cameras in the UK, while driving their own private Irish registered car in the UK.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

How can they send them here now?
    Its a third country just like Tanzania or an other non EU country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭mikeecho

CJhaughey wrote: »
    How can they send them here now?
    Its a third country just like Tanzania or an other non EU country.

I'm not sure.. they might be out of the EU, but we're still in the common travel area with the UK, and I'm not sure what agreements we have with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you receive a fine OP, or do you expect to get one? GB or NI?

biko wrote: »
    Did you receive a fine OP, or do you expect to get one? GB or NI?

No.. I was in the UK recently, and had to do the classic dash to the ferry.
    There were a few sets of average speed cams, and i knowingly drove thru them, above the 40mph limit.

A few years ago in pretty sure that I should have been caught by AVG speed cams on the ring rd around Birmingham, and I never heard anything.. so hopefully it'll be the same this time.

I believe they have 14 days to send a nip. So.. I'll see if anything arrives in the post in the coming week.

The same year I was also flashed by a poliscan in Germany while in a rental(wifey was actually driving) and heard nothing about that.. also went thru a red light in Dusseldorf, and got flashed (broke red light to allow a krankenwagen pass).. heard nothing from those either.

So ... It's been about 3 weeks. And I've heard nothing.

Fyi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Good to know, so immunity from ASC is a thing.

mikeecho wrote: »
    So ... It's been about 3 weeks. And I've heard nothing.

Fyi

Good on you for posting an update. Many don't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

Good on you for posting an update. Many don't :)

I don’t believe any fines have ever been processed for being caught speeding in U.K. with a speed camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Speeding in the UK has been decriminalised, so they won't pursue you for what is a civil matter, unless the bill gets sold on to some debt collection agency who can usually be shut up by a request for more detail, legislation etc.

Where you have to be worried about is if you drive so quickly that it is deemed to be dangerous driving and they put a marker on your car for arrest when they see you in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

So now that that’s been settled, anyone know the craic the other way around? Can you get caught on UK plates by Irish speed vans?

• Advertisement
Advertisement