Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full De-cat Exhaust System

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

pobber1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it legal to fit a full de-cat exhaust system to my bike?

Something like this -> https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/xj6-diversion-f-n-09-15-high-de-cat-exhaust-system-300mm-hexagonal-full-carbon-silencer-16281-p.asp

Thanks.

Yes it's legal.

You do however need to:

1. Probably remap/dyno your engine
    2. Tell your insurance company
    3. Make sure it's not too loud to piss off your neighbours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

colm_c wrote: »
    Yes it's legal.

You do however need to:

3. Make sure it's not too loud to piss off your neighbours!

On point 3. The black widow cans alone are ear bleedingly loud, 1db shy of obnoxious with the baffle in and really obnoxious baffle out. I'd say their full decat system would break windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

zubair wrote: »
    On point 3. The black widow cans alone are ear bleedingly loud, 1db shy of obnoxious with the baffle in and really obnoxious baffle out. I'd say their full decat system would break windows.

Yeah, I've heard the 200mm one and it's definitely loud. I was hoping the 300mm might be a little less obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

Hi,

Is it legal to fit a full de-cat exhaust system to my bike?

Something like this -> https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/xj6-diversion-f-n-09-15-high-de-cat-exhaust-system-300mm-hexagonal-full-carbon-silencer-16281-p.asp

Thanks.

Would you not spend the money on a decent end can instead?

My experience of cheap exhaust systems like this is they are ridiculously loud and that's about it.

450 quid for a full system, it's going to be crap, you get what you pay for. There's a reason that's 450 quid and others are minimum 3x as much for a full system.

If you stick a decent end can for the same price it will add value to the bike, that system will devalue it. Any potential buyer will most likely throw it in the bin.

Goose81 wrote: »
    Would you not spend the money on a decent end can instead?

My experience of cheap exhaust systems like this is they are ridiculously loud and that's about it.

450 quid for a full system, it's going to be crap, you get what you pay for. There's a reason that's 450 quid and others are minimum 3x as much for a full system.

If you stick a decent end can for the same price it will add value to the bike, that system will devalue it. Any potential buyer will most likely throw it in the bin.

The black widow downpipes are actually quite good. Fella in work had them as his original system had rotted. He's had them for about 4 years and theyre still sparkling, he rides 4 seasons and he swore he never polished them once. The cans on the other hand are just way too loud. As you say the money would be better spent on a nice end can.

Yeah, I've heard the 200mm one and it's definitely loud. I was hoping the 300mm might be a little less obnoxious.

I had the 300mm end cans, too loud imo. I'm a baffle out guy, not with these.

• Advertisement

They do have plenty of positive reviews but I wouldn't be familiar with them or other brands. The noise level would be a concern.

I don't really want to put a nice end can on an 11 year corroded exhaust system, lipstick on a pig.

They do have plenty of positive reviews but I wouldn't be familiar with them or other brands. The noise level would be a concern.

I don't really want to put a nice end can on an 11 year corroded exhaust system, lipstick on a pig.

Have you tried polishing it LOL.

Have you tried polishing it LOL.

LOL, I did think of that. I was hoping to replace it to get a bit of nicer sound out of it, I suppose the end can would do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What about Delkevic? They do full systems. Not known to be obnoxiously loud either.

GBX wrote: »
    What about Delkevic? They do full systems. Not known to be obnoxiously loud either.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭davidglanza

I have black widow exhausts on my zzr1100 with baffles out.. love the sound of it

Ended up getting a LeoVince system. It was easy to fit and the bike sounds great now.

LV are nice cans. Good choice. Spit and polish the downpipes then you're sorted.

Any pics?

LV are nice cans. Good choice. Spit and polish the downpipes then you're sorted.

Any pics?

Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

Nice choice, Leo Vince are quality exhausts. Looks great

Sure.

Ah you went for the full system, money well spent vs the BW kit. Presume you plan on getting it mapped. Gary at mototuning.ie did a great job on my tracer.

Ah you went for the full system, money well spent vs the BW kit. Presume you plan on getting it mapped. Gary at mototuning.ie did a great job on my tracer.

According to LeoVince it doesn't need to be mapped. I have only done 50km on it so far but it seems to be running well. I'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

According to LeoVince it doesn't need to be mapped. I have only done 50km on it so far but it seems to be running well. I'll see how it goes.

Lovely bit of kit.
    Maybe have a dyno sniff to see if shes lean any place for peace of mind.

Advertisement