Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 :Round 1 Bahrain

Options
  • 24-03-2021 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

image.png

SESSION TIMES
    FP1 Fri, 26 Mar 11:30
    FP2 Fri, 26 Mar 15:00
    FP3 Sat, 27 Mar 12:00
    QU Sat, 27 Mar 15:00
    Race Sun, 28 Mar 16:00

Finally a Race weekend .

Don't want to hope too much for a good weekend cause that's what kills ya but there is plenty to look forward to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

So do I get Sky F1 at £18 a month or all of Sky sports for £22....

First time not having sports as was really hoping to they would do a £10 a month thing but seems the discounted rate is £18 and the real price is £26 a month. Who in their right mind would pay £26 a month! (Website is ****e and only in £)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I am hoping the Merc is a twitching beast and unstable in corners/long bends. And I can only hope. Welcome to 2021 race weekends everyone...let's hope there's some decent racing with the mid-field pack, and back end of the grid too with the newbies.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

afatbollix wrote: »

First time not having sports as was really hoping to they would do a £10 a month thing but seems the discounted rate is £18 and the real price is £26 a month. Who in their right mind would pay £26 a month! (Website is ****e and only in £)

Its miserable of Sky not to just offer the F1 channel separate since they have become the sole live channel it should be possible to just buy it. Must or at least a lot of people into F1 have very little interest in other sports. The only other sports I watch either involve Ireland playing or my local GAA football clubs that's it. I have zero interest in any other sports channels that Sky offers or sport on them I just want F1 live.

I guess I will just have to make do with the highlights on Channel 4 for now and that's ok with me as they have better commentators anyway and my sister does the same so to us its live. She is in Scotland and we what's App when something happens and of course when its inevitable spoiled for us we What's App that too bit do not spoil it for the other. Fortunately I have gotten good at avoiding the news when there is F1 in now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just remember the hour goes forward this weekend, hence the different race time to qualifying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

AMKC wrote: »
    I guess I will just have to make do with the highlights on Channel 4 for now and that's ok with me as they have better commentators anyway

Well they did have better commentators. Ben is gone now so it'll be interesting to see how Coulthard and the new guy get on. Although, I'd be 99% sure that he'll at least be better than 'Crofty'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well they did have better commentators. Ben is gone now so it'll be interesting to see how Coulthard and the new guy get on. Although, I'd be 99% sure that he'll at least be better than 'Crofty'.

Yes that should be interesting alright. Hopefully he does a good job.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Alex Jacques. Basically the guy who's been doing F2 and F3 races for the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

flazio wrote: »
    Alex Jacques. Basically the guy who's been doing F2 and F3 races for the past few years.

And does a smashing job of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

antodeco wrote: »
    Just remember the hour goes forward this weekend, hence the different race time to qualifying

I was wondering why they were different cause more often than not they're the same

The formation lap will also start on the hour now as opposed to 10 past the hour, dunno why they bothered changing that

A lot of the voice overs on Drive to Survive during the race sequences are from Alex Jacques...he's definitely a better commentator than Crofty. Ben Edwards will be missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I am cautiously excited for this race. I genuinely hope for a close battle, as fans we deserve it.

Can see it being very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

A lot of the voice overs on Drive to Survive during the race sequences are from Alex Jacques...he's definitely a better commentator than Crofty. Ben Edwards will be missed.

I assumed those voice overs are not actually from commentary, but recorded especially for the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

dulpit wrote: »
    I assumed those voice overs are not actually from commentary, but recorded especially for the show?
    Anything from Jack Nicholls and Ben Edwards is made especially for the show. None of their sound bites came from BBC Radio or Channel 4 respectively. Sky commentary came from their race coverage.

Sh*te...mixing up my Alex'z....yes the FE commentator Nicholls does the voiceovers. And to add, Alex Jacques who did the F2/F3 commentary is a proper, enjoyable to listen to, commentator. He'll fair well on C4.

Found this on Boards the other day and didn't realise that it could be an option for F1: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116037617

Sure have a look to see if it suits your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Is there a betting thread on here for f1? Hadn't watched in years til last season and would like to do some bets for interest this year so just wondering if anyone bets on it here

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

markc91 wrote: »
    Is there a betting thread on here for f1? Hadn't watched in years til last season and would like to do some bets for interest this year so just wondering if anyone bets on it here

Might be something in the Gambling forum, don't ever recall seeing anything in this one. For the most part gambling discussion is discouraged in the specific sports forums and confined to the Gambling forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

I am still cheating to keep access , In a pool with brother in a law and FiL , he has Sky sports , I get sky go access just to chip in the pot . It was the cheapest way forward . Still means I am pay less than I would have to with going with any of Skys deals on my own.

(Chip in the pot is , I gave them access to my streaming services everybody wins)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Joeface wrote: »
    I am still cheating to keep access , In a pool with brother in a law and FiL , he has Sky sports , I get sky go access just to chip in the pot . It was the cheapest way forward . Still means I am pay less than I would have to with going with any of Skys deals on my own.

(Chip in the pot is , I gave them access to my streaming services everybody wins)

Same, I'm working off Sky Go on a PS4. It can noticeably be slightly delayed, but can't really complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

is there a fantasy F1 game anywhere? pick 5 drivers each wkend..points assigned accordingly etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Same, I'm working off Sky Go on a PS4. It can noticeably be slightly delayed, but can't really complain!

I still have the f1 as part of hd pack. Hope they dont take it away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Now to try and a find a link that will get past the work firewall for FP1, isn’t this what 2 screens in work is for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Now to try and a find a link that will get past the work firewall for FP1, isn’t this what 2 screens in work is for

My company gave us a day off today to "recharge" and it coincided with this nicely! :pac:

Lovely tribute to Murray on the Williams halo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Lando fastest so far in FP1, then Hamilton, Danny Ric, Max, Bottas and Perez.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Nozebleed wrote: »
    is there a fantasy F1 game anywhere? pick 5 drivers each wkend..points assigned accordingly etc..

There's mention of one in the general thread.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

VER sets quickest lap so far, not a fan of either Merc or Red Bull but hoping the latter can put up the challenge this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

VER sets quickest lap so far, not a fan of either Merc or Red Bull but hoping the latter can put up the challenge this weekend.

The next session is the key one conditions as per qually and the race, interesting to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

ExZ_I0mXMAIv7I-?format=jpg&name=medium

Interesting enough finish to FP1.

Still waiting for Merc to turn their engine up....

We'll have to wait until Qualy 3 for that!! :D

• Advertisement

Not too suprising if Haas are well at the back on their own.
    Poor start for Alpine, hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Advertisement