Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonight's Boxing 20/3 (Okolie v Glowacki, Ortiz v Hooker, Beterbiev)

Options
  • 20-03-2021 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Poor card on Sky tonight but am looking forward to the main event even if it's Lawrence Okolie. He can be a tough watch but he's been winning me over a bit recently given I was initially a huge skeptic. I think he's decent at what he does and improving under Shane McGuigan. Like him to win tonight.

Ortiz v Hooker a decent fight on DAZN later too. Really like Ortiz. Future world champ at 147 imo and I'm expecting him to stop Hooker.

Beterbiev also fighting in Russia tonight too so at a decent hour. On Boxnation/Premier Sports.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,589 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Okolie slight favorite. Glowacki a soft title holder..

Beterbiev fighting a nobody. In Russia. BoxNation.. from 17:00..

No longer subscribing to it....

Ortiz is great to watch. Hooker a gatekeeper. I expect Ortiz to do a number on him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭megadodge

Very good fight on the Beterbiev undercard right now. On Premier 2.

Russian Pavel Silyagin v Uzbek Azizbek Abdugoferov. Two undefeated prospects with very contrasting styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Beterbiev in the ring now

megadodge wrote: »
    Very good fight on the Beterbiev undercard right now. On Premier 2.

Russian Pavel Silyagin v Uzbek Azizbek Abdugoferov. Two undefeated prospects with very contrasting styles.

This Silyagin is worth watching. In only his 7th fight he took on and undefeated opponent who was in world title talks before Covid. Went 12 hard fast-paced rounds, switching stances constantly and firing 3 & 4 punch combinations of hard straight punches. Won widely on the scorecards.

I believe until recently he was hoping to make the Russian Olympic squad, so he was obviously a top amateur.

Beterbiev finally finishes it, but looked rusty.

Fair play to Deines, he gave a good account of himself and did pretty well for a 33/1 outsider, but I thought looking at this either Beterbiev was really affected by the long layoff or age is beginning to catch up with him. On this performance I don't think he'd beat Canelo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Many tuning into Okolie? I reckon he’ll win inside the distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

The hugging... starts..... NOWWWWWWW

Entertainment wise, Okolie is to boxing what Khabib is to UFC.

Dire!

Very impressive performance from Okolie. Great use of the jab. Keeping his distance at all times. Patience. Very mature for such an inexperienced boxer.

Okolie has come on massively under Shane McGuigan to be fair. I think he'll be a tough out for anyone at the weight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

He looked two weight divisions bigger than the other guy?

Enormous man at CW he did well. Wasn’t up against an awful lot to be honest. Man is finished. Him and Bredis would be a watch. I had Okolie Round 7 or 8. Sick.

Ortiz v Hooker one of the better recent welterweight fights. Well worth a watch. Really like the look of Ortiz. Not ready for a Crawford or Spence yet but still only 22 and improving. Himself and Boots Ennis two of the best young fighters in the sport and in the same division.

Ortiz very compact and clinical. Lovely punching display..

Shame to hear Bud pretty much rule out even considering the Spence fight..

Bud has done nothing to cement a legacy. And I think he’s number 1 at WW!

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Enormous man at CW he did well. Wasn’t up against an awful lot to be honest. Man is finished. Him and Bredis would be a watch. I had Okolie Round 7 or 8. Sick.

Breidis I think goes through Okolie.. far too strong..

Glowacki is not that good at all..

walshb wrote: »
    Breidis I think goes through Okolie.. far too strong..

Glowacki is not that good at all..

I wouldn’t be too sure about that at all but he would be much more of a challenge than Glowaki of course. Bredis is on the go a long time now I reckon Okolie wins that behind that very long jab

Advertisement