Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antenatal Classes

Options
  • 17-05-2021 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there, I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with my first child. I asked about antenatal classes at my last appointment at the hospital last week and was told they were already all booked up (I wasn't aware they had to be booked and just asked as I was expecting to hear something about the classes around this time). I am just wondering if anyone had any advice on any online antenatal classes that they might have taken or thought were helpful? As it's my first child I really wanted to do the antenatal classes and am just a bit stressed about what to do. Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

I would highly recommend Sarah McCann. Here's her website https://www.birthlogic.ie/
    Everything about her qualifications etc are on her website and we got some of the fee back from our insurance as she's a midwife :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes, Sarah!We did our course with her back in 2014 before our first.She was (is still maybe) a midwife in the Rotunda private clinic.Her course was really good and she was lovely herself.Would also recommend it.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Sarah was my midwife in the Rotunda and she was amazing!

Hazel Cazzini is another Rotunda midwife who does antenatal classes - I did her class on my first pregnancy and she was excellent, very knowledgeable and you could tell she had a wealth of experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Yes Sarah does classes through antenatal ireland (cuidiu) which are very good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I remember Hazel from my appointments (unusual name) she was also excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Aurian_loh

I found a YouTube channel that is Australian based but has a 7 part series for antenatal classes. It is given by a midwife. The channel is core and floor restore and I have linked to the first class below.

https://youtu.be/lw8f4g_TEqs

I had already done classes through the hospital I will be attending but still found this channel very informative.

Advertisement