Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LivingSocial.ie Hidden Custom Charge?

Options
  • 16-05-2021 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking to buy some furniture from LivingSocial.ie. the price is 229 euro plus 29.99 postage and packaging. Does anybody know, if I order will I have to pay a custom charge on it as its being delivered from the UK? I know Amazon.co.uk show any custom charges and the price you see is the price you pay however I ordered an item from another UK site a couple of weeks ago and got hit with a custom charge before they would release it. I messaged LivingSocial and they said the price I see is the price I pay and there will be no extra charges but they didnt sound convincing. Has anybody had any dealing with them and able to confirm? I dont want to buy it then get a message saying I owe x amount more for customs. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Isn't Livingsocial just a coupon site that don't actually sell anything? You'd need to ask the company selling the furniture if they are VAT registered in the EU and if they are charging the EU VAT on the order. Livingsocial probably won't know the VAT registration status of the company, unless this is something they've started to do since Brexit.

Advertisement