Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it possible to renew a learner permit that expired years ago?

Options
  • 17-05-2021 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi

I have never done a driving test but I have had a few learner permits over the years - started as ID when I was a teenager, rather than an intention on learning to drive. Over the years I've renewed it, done a few lessons, and stopped driving again (for various reasons at different times)

I now want to learn properly, but my last permit is 5 years expired. Does anyone know what I need to do to get a new one? I think in the past you could book a test and they'd renew it based on having a test date, but I am nowhere near ready to do that.

I don't mind if I have to start from scratch again, with theory test etc, but I can't find an answer on the NDLS website. I emailed them 2 weeks ago, but no reply.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

If your permit is expired over 5 years, then you have to start from scratch- theory test, EDT lessons etc.

Advertisement