Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax Credit

• 13-05-2021 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Good evening all.
    Would anybody know how long it takes revenue to apply a tax credit once you have applied for it with supporting paperwork via my account.

I Applied on 30th of April and still have not heard anything.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

johnnytdi wrote: »
    Good evening all.
    Would anybody know how long it takes revenue to apply a tax credit once you have applied for it with supporting paperwork via my account.

I Applied on 30th of April and still have not heard anything.
    Thanks

What credit is it and how many years are you claiming it for? Did you send your claim via MyEnquiries or did you claim it via tax returns via MyAccount?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnytdi

What credit is it and how many years are you claiming it for? Did you send your claim via MyEnquiries or did you claim it via tax returns via MyAccount?

It’s incapacitated child. Submitted via MyEnquiries as instructed by revenue along with completed ICC 1 and 2.
    Claiming back to June 2018.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

johnnytdi wrote: »
    It’s incapacitated child. Submitted via MyEnquiries as instructed by revenue along with completed ICC 1 and 2.
    Claiming back to June 2018.

Thanks.

That particular credit can take a while to process. Can you see that your correspondence is assigned to someone?

That particular credit can take a while to process. Can you see that your correspondence is assigned to someone?

Thanks for that when I had a look it said assigned to personnel division. Is there a reason it takes a while that you know of?

Items are assigned to the correct area/Division, then assigned to a team, and then assigned to an officer. Depending on what other work the officer has assigned to them, and what other duties they have to perform (manning the phone lines, etc), the length of time to process an item will vary. Revenue aims to deal with items of correspondence within 20 working days.

There are some credits that can be applied for via myAccount and that will be processed immediately, if they do not require any human intervention. Something like Incapacitated Child Credit does require a person to check that the documentation is correct, signed by a doctor etc.
    Thanks for that I think they will be in touch with me about it either way as I think I filled ICC 1 out incorrectly as I am claiming the credit but put my wife down as contributing also so I don’t know what difference that will make now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement