Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know about DC342 (Single Module) in DCU?

Options
  • 15-05-2021 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I’m just finishing up a 4 year degree, in a field, I realised I’m just not too interested in. The last couple years I’ve been kicking myself for not going into teaching as I know it’s something I’d love to do, I just kept making excuses for not doing it. Finally, now at 23 with a degree, it’s finally time to do it.

My plan was to study a Geography hdip in UCD or Maynooth, then go on to the PME for 2 years. I was wondering did anyone know about DC342 which is the single module course offered by DCU, so I could potentially add English or CSPE to my subjects, alongside Geography and Computer Science?

Also, could I do this single module course alongside my other courses to speed up the process, as it seems you only do 2 modules per year which will be manageable.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Don't go with CSPE anyway. It's not an exam subject anymore and principals give that subject to anyone. You could get very lucky and end up in a school with the new Politics LC subject, but very few schools are doing it at the moment. I did the History one over two years. It was very doable with a full time job so I'd say you'd be able to do it with a HDip.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DazC98

dory wrote: »
    Don't go with CSPE anyway. It's not an exam subject anymore and principals give that subject to anyone. You could get very lucky and end up in a school with the new Politics LC subject, but very few schools are doing it at the moment. I did the History one over two years. It was very doable with a full time job so I'd say you'd be able to do it with a HDip.

Great, I really appreciate that. Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement