Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surgery in Turkey

Options
  • 12-05-2021 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hey all
    i am booked into a clinic in Izmir Turkey for a small surgery arriving July Sun 1 Aug and flying back the 3rd of August
    my question is will i require a PCR test in Dublin Airport ( Think its 72hrs before you fly) to fly to turkey and Visa Versa , i plan to have my Vaccination Done (im aged 40)in June/july but i want to make sure im not self isolating for 10 days when i return from Turkey. also im worried that i am only staying for 3 days i wont have time for a PCR test in Izmir Turkey (does anyone know the waiting times on results ??? )

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It's next to impossible to predict in May, what the requirements will be in August. Nor can you predict which vaccine you will get, AZ is 12 weeks between doses and could well be licensed for younger people by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 S4albarn

Impossible to predict exactly but Turkey is currently on the red list. If MHQ is still in place and Turkey is still on the list then you will have to do that if you're not vaccinated by then.

Remember you have to have had your vaccine ~14 days(differs for each vaccine) before entering Ireland to be considered "fully vaccinated". If this is the case, I would just get a PCR test the day you arrive in Turkey. Most airports offer them and this should be within the 72 hour window.

Regarding the (home) isolation, I'm not sure there's any way round that...except ignoring their texts.

Just keep an eye on how things develop. The rules are constantly changing.

Good luck with the surgery. I traveled to Turkey for something myself before and received excellent care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I was in Turkey briefly in February but things have changed since. Currently Turkey is still on the Irish red list but not the UK Redlist, so you should plan your flights accordingly, If I was in your shoes I would plan presuming todays restrictions will stay the same.

You could fly out Dublin-Istanbul and then fly back Istanbul-Heathrow-Belfast. It is the only way to avoid mandatory hotel quarantine. If you are fully vaccinated then you can fly back to Ireland without MHQ but the whole thing could change again as the Indian variant is emerging as a major threat to the easing of restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

theguzman wrote: »
    I was in Turkey briefly in February but things have changed since. Currently Turkey is still on the Irish red list but not the UK Redlist, so you should plan your flights accordingly, If I was in your shoes I would plan presuming todays restrictions will stay the same.
    it is on the Uk red list (and is the reason the champions league final involving 2 English teams was moved from there)
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#red-list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

it is on the Uk red list (and is the reason the champions league final involving 2 English teams was moved from there)
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#red-list

It is! my bad, it must only be recently added and I missed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Meng1984

i have booked flights already ?? from Dublin to Germany To Izmir in turkey , will i even be able to fly there?

Caranica wrote: »
    It's next to impossible to predict in May, what the requirements will be in August. Nor can you predict which vaccine you will get, AZ is 12 weeks between doses and could well be licensed for younger people by then.

You will need to ask the clinic the about testing. They will be the experts in that regard at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Meng1984 wrote: »
    i have booked flights already ?? from Dublin to Germany To Izmir in turkey , will i even be able to fly there?

Nobody knows. Literally.

any idea if you cant afford the 12 days in Isolation Hotel in Ireland , what is the procedure ?

Meng1984 wrote: »
    any idea if you cant afford the 12 days in Isolation Hotel in Ireland , what is the procedure ?

You're not allowed to board the plane without having the quarantine hotel booking. You've been told that nobody knows what the situation will be at the time and nothing has changed.

• Advertisement

You're not allowed to board the plane without having the quarantine hotel booking. You've been told that nobody knows what the situation will be at the time and nothing has changed.

i am flying to Germany first and then on to Turkey , would i have to book a quarantine hotel still?

If Turkey is on the list for MHQ, then you are supposed to go to the hotel. Why would it matter how you got here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

As far as I know you are allowed to travel for a medical procedure anyway, not 100% sure though.

As far as I know you are allowed to travel for a medical procedure anyway, not 100% sure though.

You can travel for a medical procedure. You still have to quarantine on the way back if the country is on the list.

Advertisement