Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Morrison finally takes leave of his senses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The product description:

"Latest Record Project’ is the opening track and introduction to Van Morrison’s forthcoming 42nd studio album ‘Latest Record Project Vol. 1’ which explores the classic and timeless quality of the blues from a fresh perspective. Van charms the listener, soulfully singing “Have you got my latest record project?” Instinctive walking basslines, colourful backing vocals, and organ melodies bring warmth to his latest release. Equal parts blue-eyed soul shouter and wild-eyed poet-sorcerer, Van Morrison’s status as an artist of integrity and distinction is self-evident."

What a massive flute

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Oh, dear, Van been caught out for allegedly using fake signatures to flog his latest album

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Van Morrison: Latest Record Project Volume 1 review – depressing rants by tinfoil milliner

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/may/06/van-morrison-new-record-project-volume-one-review

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

To be fair, just listened to one of his Best Of CDs today, the man definitely had talent. A great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I have not listened to the tunes but some of the reviews are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tribeshift

His recent album with the musical genius that is Joey DeFrancesco was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Which recent album?

Having released eight "record projects" (the most recent of them a triple) in the six years, it's not easy to tell!

While I used to love Van, I've long since given up on him and his endless whingeing about how hard-done-by he is.

Given how he's always banging on about being ripped off by music business sharks, the phoney autograph scam he recently pulled was the last straw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm surprised no-one has picked him up on some of the lyrics in brown eyed girl. the lyrics say to the woman in the song 'my, how you have grown' since his memory of 'making love in the green grass'.
    grown how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

i'm surprised no-one has picked him up on some of the lyrics in brown eyed girl. the lyrics say to the woman in the song 'my, how you have grown' since his memory of 'making love in the green grass'.
    grown how much?

From when he was making love to her behind the stadium until when the song as written I suppose.

New album is fairly plopsies but not the worst thing he ever done. Couple of decent tracks on there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement