Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned house next door

Options
  • 14-05-2021 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum. Mods feel free to move.

There's a house next door to me that was forclosed by a bank maybe 6 years ago. Over the years, it's fallen into disrepair and is an eyesore. It's lately been sold on one of those online auctions. Is there any way I can find out who the new owner is? Is there anything I can do about the state of it? It's getting to the point now where there are more teenage parties in it than an American Pie movie.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    alanmc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

"That's a jizz free Ficus"

Edit: Sorry that's not very helpful. I'd make it secure and start spending time there. If the teenagers break in call the Guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

"That's a jizz free Ficus"

Edit: Sorry that's not very helpful. I'd make it secure and start spending time there. If the teenagers break in call the Guards.

Ha. Very good.

It's kinda not my house to make secure though ... which is why I want to get in contact with the owner. I might take a trip down to the Guards in the morning and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

When was the auction?
    The new owner may be registered with land registry.
    If you PM me the properties eircode I’ll look it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭karlitob

alanmc wrote: »
    Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum. Mods feel free to move.

There's a house next door to me that was forclosed by a bank maybe 6 years ago. Over the years, it's fallen into disrepair and is an eyesore. It's lately been sold on one of those online auctions. Is there any way I can find out who the new owner is? Is there anything I can do about the state of it? It's getting to the point now where there are more teenage parties in it than an American Pie movie.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    alanmc.

There might be something on derelict sites.

https://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/council-democracy/property-management/derelict-sites

Advertisement