Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Foundation Series

Options
  • 14-05-2021 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

Asimov is a writer I never got around to reading.

I always thought “plenty of time for later” but now the series is coming to Apple TV soon.

I was about to buy when I discovered that Asimov’s Empire and Robot series are also apart of the Foundation universe.

I know they don’t have to be read together but I was wondering if reading the books from the three series in a certain order makes it more enjoyable or are they barely connected at all (from what I have read it seems more like an after thought to have them exist in the same timeline).

Asimov himself has given a reading order for the lot but I see that many people disagree with it in relation to Foundation itself. Plus it doesn’t include the the standalone novels Foundation novels like End of Eternity and Positronic Man.

What do you folks suggest?

Other than therapy :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

I always thought “plenty of time for later” but now the series is coming to Apple TV soon.

I was about to buy when I discovered that Asimov’s Empire and Robot series are also apart of the Foundation universe.

I know they don’t have to be read together but I was wondering if reading the books from the three series in a certain order makes it more enjoyable or are they barely connected at all (from what I have read it seems more like an after thought to have them exist in the same timeline).

Asimov himself has given a reading order for the lot but I see that many people disagree with it in relation to Foundation itself. Plus it doesn’t include the the standalone novels Foundation novels like End of Eternity and Positronic Man.

Your query might be best answered Sci-Fi & Fantasy

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

drake70 wrote: »
    Your query might be best answered Sci-Fi & Fantasy

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Before typing I had thought - “pity there isn’t a section more specific to genres”.

Would have been clever of me to check. :)

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭eire4

Personally I would read the foundation series first. I have read most of what you mentioned above and really enjoyed them. Just a stunning universe he created with his Foundation Universe. Enjoy.

Advertisement