Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Capital Acquisition Tax Question

• 13-05-2021 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hello.

My wife and I live in the UK, I am originally from Ireland. Following the death of her uncle in Ireland, my wife is due to complete a form of confirmation for the Revenue Commissioner. I am puzzled by one of the questions. They are asking if she has ever received any other gifts or inheritance since 1991.

Does this include details of an inheritance that she received outside of Ireland? She did receive money in the UK following her mother’s death. Her mother was born in Ireland but lived in the UK for most of her life.

Does this have to be declared or are they only asking about any inheritances under Irish taxation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

It would only apply to gifts and inheritances that were subject to Irish CAT. The reason for the date is to determine what amount of the relevant CAT thresholds are remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭KurtVon

Thanks very much. That’s really helpful to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

KurtVon wrote: »
    Thanks very much. That’s really helpful to us.

You might just check about the money which came after your mother’s death. If this was as a result of a property being sold and cash being disbursed it might impact on the current situation. If it was just straightforward cask you’re ok.

Advertisement