Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money worries depression

Options
  • 13-05-2021 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i cannot work due to ilness for many years except for some part time work and not much pay. i am depressed because of all the money i have lost. more so when people tell me how they are in good jobs. it feels a great lack. i'm not broke and i have savings and car and home but i wanted to make lots of money.I cannot borrow cos i cannot work to repay. i also think it unfair people getting jobs on nepotism most of the people i know do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Sounds like you are not in a bad place tbh.

Are you more bothered by not being able to work (health related) or is it envy because others “have it better”?

Why would nepotism bother you if you couldn’t do the job anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Hi OP,

If you cannot work due to illness then nepotism or what others are doing shouldn’t come into play.

It sounds like you want a better job to make more money rather than you are financially struggling, given you have ‘savings car and home’. Why do you want to make lots of money - for something in particular?

What exactly is it you need advice on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

You're too Ill to work full-time, you work part-time in a low paying role?
    Yet it's somehow the fault of nepotism that others are doing jobs and earning more, that even if nepotism was ignored you aren't medically fit to do anyway?

Your post makes no sense, and there doesn't seem to be any actual request for advice?
    What advice or aspect of your situation are seeking advice on?

As a general comment, worry less about others income and jobs.
    Focus on what you have control over, rather than descending into bitterness at what you feel others have gained and how "unfair" it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

"Sounds like you are not in a bad place tbh." I want to be in much better place and could be if i could work, could have new car rather than 10 year old car

Are you more bothered by not being able to work (health related) or is it envy because others “have it better”?" Not envy, depressed re my lack as compared to others and to what i had hoped. I also loved working.

"Why would nepotism bother you if you couldn’t do the job anyway?"

I don't like neoptism as i suffered it before and saw people i know suffer it. the people i refer to above would have sailed into good jobs on family pull. i see how that put others down. i don't like it. when a big factory closes you will hear people say on the news myself and my wife are there or several from one family. I do not like how that excludes others in a community. the factory was not brought to the area for some people. I have seen that lot and seen people ,not me, who did get in on merit be bullied because their presence was not wanted. I boycott their products of that place

"yet it's somehow the fault of nepotism that others are doing jobs and earning more, that even if nepotism was ignored you aren't medically fit to do anyway?

i did n't say that. i explained why i don't like nepotism and do not support those who enagage in it and exclude others in general. its gas to see the old thanks whores judging others

• Advertisement

showing off your ignorance re depression trying to call it bitterness

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

not_enough wrote: »
    i cannot work due to ilness for many years except for some part time work and not much pay. i am depressed because of all the money i have lost. more so when people tell me how they are in good jobs. it feels a great lack. i'm not broke and i have savings and car and home but i wanted to make lots of money.I cannot borrow cos i cannot work to repay. i also think it unfair people getting jobs on nepotism most of the people i know do.

You can't lose what you never had. You could apply that same logic to pretty much anything.

I'm sad over the yacht I lost due to not winning the lotto.

Try changing your mind set. You have a roof over your head, a car to drive around in and some savings. It's a lot more than some have.

Look for things to feel grateful for. I don't mean that to sound patronising btw. Life really is how you look at it and what you make of it.

I'm basing the above on the premise that your are depressed over your financial situation. If, on the other hand, you just felt depressed in general then I would advise speaking to your GP.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

OP, I think you need to speak to someone who can professionally help you come to terms with how you're feeling.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

its gas to see the old thanks whores judging others

Mod Note

I missed this when reading your posts initially. I think if you're going to go down this kind of road when replying to posters the thread is not going to be of much help you.

If you feel you are suffering from depression, then I do think speaking to your GP is the best option for you and they can help guide you on what steps to take next.

I'm going to close the thread in the circumstances.

Thanks

HS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement