Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance claim

Options
  • 12-05-2021 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi I've been looking online but can't seem to find any relevant Irish information (may not be searching the correct terminology). After you're involved in an incident are you required to repair the vehicle in order to be compensated? As far as I was aware you're not but can't see the corresponding information online. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Hi I've been looking online but can't seem to find any relevant Irish information (may not be searching the correct terminology). After you're involved in an incident are you required to repair the vehicle in order to be compensated? As far as I was aware you're not but can't see the corresponding information online. Thank you

Best thing to do would be to contact your insurer, it can vary from case to case but if you have a good policy you shouldn't have to be out of pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

You are entitled to be compensated for the cost of your repairs. If the damage is cosmetic and you're happy to live with the damage, you are entitled to the cost of the repair LESS the VAT element. If the insurer deems the vehicle uneconomic to repair, you are entitled to the pre-accident market value

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

I'd go a step further and ask a solicitor. The insurance company is bound by regulatory complications to tell you one thing whereas a solicitor will know loop holes, etc that could allow you to claim compensation without spending it on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Link removed.
    This forum is not an opportunity to drum up business.

Advertisement