Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BBC Medium Wave Closures

Options
  • 06-05-2021 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,490 ✭✭✭✭

The information below is from the Frequencyfinder site. I have heard most of those at some stage. Where I am, Devon on 990 is up against a strong 5 Live signal, but I heard it faintly. Cambridge on 1026 is up against Downtown, but I did get the ID one evening.

The three NI transmitters are carrying the close down message today 06 May, will continue into June. The close down messages will make the transmitters much easier to identify than when they are carrying regular programmes.

April 2021

The BBC has announced that the following AM transmitters will close during May and June. All are likely to switch to re-tuning advice prior to closure: (17/4/2021; updated 24/4/2021)

Radio Cambridgeshire on 1026: Retune advice loop from 10 May
    Radio Devon on 801 and 990: Retune advice loop from 3-4June
    BBC Essex on 729 and 765: Retune advice loop from 20 May
    Radio Gloucestershire on 1413 in the East of the county (the remaining transmitter continues): Retune advice loop from 7 June
    BBC Hereford an Worcester on 738 and 1584: Retune advice loop from 13 May
    Radio Lancashire on 855: Retune advice loop from 17 May
    Radio Leeds on 774: Retune advice loop from 1 June
    Radio Sheffield on 1035: Retune advice loop from 27 May
    Radio Stoke on 1503: Retune advice loop from 24 May
    Radio Wales on 657 in NE Wales and 882 in the North Wales (the remaining transmitter continues): Retune advice loop from 9 June
    Radio Ulster and Radio Foyle on 792, 873 and 1341: Retune advice loop from 6 May

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

genuinely haven't listened to MW or LW in 20 years.

the number of folk that this will impact will be tiny.

Advertisement