Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech Alarm keypad not working but was

Options
  • 04-05-2021 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help. My elderly parents have an Aritech alarm installed and the keypad is impossible to set as keys dont work.

I picked up a spare key pad and installed it but it does not light up so I assumed that it diddn't work.

I reconnected back the old one connected the 4 wires but now that doesn't light up at all.
    I also had another spare keypad that i know works and that wont light up either.

I have checked fuses on main panel and they all seem ok . I have had to disconnect the battery and take out the main fuse to stop the bell.

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

scholes wrote: »
    Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help. My elderly parents have an Aritech alarm installed and the keypad is impossible to set as keys dont work.

I picked up a spare key pad and installed it but it does not light up so I assumed that it diddn't work.

I reconnected back the old one connected the 4 wires but now that doesn't light up at all.
    I also had another spare keypad that i know works and that wont light up either.

I have checked fuses on main panel and they all seem ok . I have had to disconnect the battery and take out the main fuse to stop the bell.

Any help would be more than appreciated.

I would of said maybe you crossed the cable and blew a fuse in the control panel.
    If you have a small length of cable you could wire it directly into the control panel to rule out a cable issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

altor wrote: »
    I would of said maybe you crossed the cable and blew a fuse in the control panel.
    If you have a small length of cable you could wire it directly into the control panel to rule out a cable issue.

Thanks Altor, you are dead right. It was a fuse on the main board. I had a personal message from a really nice chap who also pointed me in that direction. I picked up a 1 amp fuse today and installed it and my mam and dads alarm is working again. I am delighted . Thanks a million. That's why boards is so good., There are really nice people out there that just want to help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

scholes wrote: »
    Thanks Altor, you are dead right. It was a fuse on the main board. I had a personal message from a really nice chap who also pointed me in that direction. I picked up a 1 amp fuse today and installed it and my mam and dads alarm is working again. I am delighted . Thanks a million. That's why boards is so good., There are really nice people out there that just want to help. :)

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted

Advertisement