Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC Pro and Euro Tour 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

boomdocker wrote: »
    Must be hanging around with Gary Anderson

Exactly. Gary is another who has turned into an unlikeable moaney windbag!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

A further 8 pro tour events have been confirmed before the matchplay
    https://www.pdc.tv/news/2021/04/29/further-eight-players-championships-confirmed-june-july

O'Connor and Lennon are still capable of qualifying but need good runs in these

https://www.dartsrankings.com/wmp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

boomdocker wrote: »
    Michael Smith won
    Saw a bit of his post match interview, moaning about not being in the premier league and what a great player he is compared to Dimitri vdB
    A bit of a tosser

The guy is not only a dickhead with an inflated ego and over bearing sense of entitlement.

He thinks because he won a single event in super series 3 he s better than dimitri.

The stupid idiot too thick to realize dimitri not only won an event in the same series, dimi even finished higher in the super series 3 table.

dimitri has won an actual ranking tv major, in fact every player in the PL has won some sort of tv comp.
    Smith has never won a thing of note, but has an ego of someone who thinks they won something.

Next super series starts on Monday. Adam Hunt is after dropping out so will miss out on a chance making lakeside. Hopefully Steve Lennon and O'Connor get decent runs in them

O connor is in trouble, as he won a players champs 2 years ago and is defending that this week.

The 4 corresponding pc's in 2019 were won by O Connor, Durrant, Harry Ward, and J de Zwaan, and cannot see any of them coming close again.

Hopp had a final spot and he will drop as he is not even in the events

• Advertisement

O connor is in trouble, as he won a players champs 2 years ago and is defending that this week.

The 4 corresponding pc's in 2019 were won by O Connor, Durrant, Harry Ward, and J de Zwaan, and cannot see any of them coming close again.

Hopp had a final spot and he will drop as he is not even in the events

Bad draw for him today: Ratajski

Lennon got more favorable draw Ryan Miekle. I'm interested in how Durrant gets on against Kirk Sheppard

Jose hammers poor Willie Borland 6-0 first round with a 127 avg

Willie O connor beats Ratajski
    Keane Barry takes out 152 in a last leg decider to beat Aspinall

Durrant's break from the darts made no difference. Lost 6-2 to Kirk Sheppard with an 80 average

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I genuinely think he's finished. He'll be playing the WDF tour in a couple of years.

• Advertisement

Adrian Lewis had a decent run there but fell apart against Kleermakker as soon as his throw was broken despite been 3 nil up. Kleermakker sneaks into last Matchplay spot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Considering Durrant's age I can't see him ever being a top player again at this point.

Considering Durrant's age I can't see him ever being a top player again at this point.

he was never a top player.

Lets be honest, he was a good player who was cleaning up in the bdo, came to the pdc full of confidence, but nothing of note, except for a non ranking pl where almost every player was woeful.

The finals night that durrant won was the lowest averages in the history of the comp.
    I said it when he joined the pdc he would have a free run for the 2 years but once defending the pressure will tell and he will fall away....and it will happen.

Cullen beats Price 8-6 in the end. Clayton finally into top 16 and knocks Ian White into the unseeded spots for the Matchplay.

No idea what he's complaining about here :confused:

https://twitter.com/IanDiamondWhite/status/1404486702853509127

he was complaining over the pause in the games.

Adrian lewis was pissed off also....he was leading 3-0 and lost

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I assumed White was referring to Boris Johnson pausing the reopening in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,826 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Aspinall tested positive for Covid. Keane Barry forced to withdraw as he played him yesterday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

That's very harsh on Keane! Could they not just test him?

Duzza dumped out first round again with an 83 average.

Lisa Ashton beat Steven Lennon, Teehan also out. Willie O' Connor through to the second round.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Duzza dumped out first round again with an 83 average.

Lisa Ashton beat Steven Lennon, Teehan also out. Willie O' Connor through to the second round.

I was looking at the Rankings and Duzza will probably still go into the Matchplay as a seeded player. Who ever qualifies via pro tour will want to draw him first game

• Advertisement

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    I was looking at the Rankings and Duzza will probably still go into the Matchplay as a seeded player. Who ever qualifies via pro tour will want to draw him first game

and durrant is defending 50k....watch him tumble down the rankings.

Dillonb3 wrote: »

It's practically a walkover at this stage.

And to prove my walkover point, Duzza just lost 6-0 in R1 with an 82 average.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,826 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What's the story with Duzza, struggling to get over Covid?

No, he was struggling before he got Covid. His throw is gone and he can't get it back. Similar to what happened to Wes Newton, Andy Hamilton, Mark Webster etc when they plummeted down the rankings.

I see no way back for him.

2 days running now O'Connor beaten by Joe Cullen in second round.

Bunting has dragged himself into the world matchplay race. If he beats Adrian Lewisr next game he goes level with Kleermakker in the last qualifying spot.

Adrian Lewis has had a decent run today

Durrant drops out of today's pro tour event:

https://twitter.com/Duzza180/status/1405244220240236546

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Kingp35 wrote: »
    That's very harsh on Keane! Could they not just test him?

That’s desperate.

Did they quarantine the markers and ref from that match too?

TbL

• Advertisement

Super Series 5 starts today and runs for the next 4 days. The World Matchplay qualifiers will be confirmed at the end of the series. Last chance saloon for the Irish lads to qualify.

Advertisement