Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doors for a poly tunnel. not quite woodcraft

Options
  • 22-04-2021 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭

want to make two doors like the one in the attachment, without the ply corners and will be well fitted..

Will be 2m high and 1 m wide.

My plan is to use 4 by 2 treated for the hinge and lock styles.
    Is 4 by 2 enough for the 3 rails, am using 14 by 140 domino dowels so just wonder should I use 6" by 2 " for top and bottom rails with two dowels in each as door will have no sheeting to help with sagging
    middle rail will be 1/3 up from the bottom, with plastic and green mesh bottom and top.
    Hinges will be 12 " Tee
    Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

want to make two doors like the one in the attachment, without the ply corners and will be well fitted..

Will be 2m high and 1 m wide.

My plan is to use 4 by 2 treated for the hinge and lock styles.
    Is 4 by 2 enough for the 3 rails, am using 14 by 140 domino dowels so just wonder should I use 6" by 2 " for top and bottom rails with two dowels in each as door will have no sheeting to help with sagging
    middle rail will be 1/3 up from the bottom, with plastic and green mesh bottom and top.
    Hinges will be 12 " Tee
    Thanks as always

I like the 6 x 2 top and bottom rails and stacked dominos option myself. Might be overkill but for the sake of it, why not? It’ll look ‘right’ too.

Advertisement