Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pickup advice

Options
  • 06-03-2021 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

I have a squier affinity strat with ceramic pups which are quite hot actually. I want to put a single sized humbucker in the bridge position as I have never liked the tone of that strat pup position, but I don't want there to be a big volume difference between the new pup and the others and I also don't want to lose the quack of the 4th position.

Any pup recommendations for the job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

No specific suggestion, but I'd recommend making sure that you can split the coils to give that extra level of variation.

My strat has 2 Dimarzio PAF pros. with the coil split options I can have stral like bright and LP dark at a touch of a switch.

as to volume, look at the impedance specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 somebloke55

I would buy the Seymour Duncan Jeff beck (JB) Junior. It's a humbucker that fits in hte single coil gap. Don't get the Seymour Duncan Little '59 (bridge). It's very muddy. Can't speak for the neck version.

Advertisement