Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does a Defence Forces id card look like?

Options
  • 28-11-2020 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello all,

Just wondering as google couldnt provide results, what do irish defence forces military identification cards look like? Are they the same as those CAC cards, or could anyone provide an example of one of ours if they even exist:rolleyes:

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Send me the last 8 digits of your visa card, the expiry date and the 3 digit number on the back and I'll send you a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Bagpipe wrote: »
    Hello all,

Just wondering as google couldnt provide results, what do irish defence forces military identification cards look like? Are they the same as those CAC cards, or could anyone provide an example of one of ours if they even exist:rolleyes:

Thanks for any help!

I don’t need any of the info Dohville is looking for. I just need the first 6 digits of the credit card

Honest like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Yes they exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Bagpipe

Yes they exist.

Do you have any pictures of a sample one? And obviously i would intend for any picture to have the personal details censored :D

Do you have any pictures of a sample one? And obviously i would intend for any picture to have the personal details censored :D

It's not generally something that should be posted online for obvious security reasons.

Whats the curiosity?

• Advertisement

It's not generally something that should be posted online for obvious security reasons.

Whats the curiosity?

I have a small collection of defence forces 'militaria' and while i dont want anything like this in my possession, I just want to see what this specific item looks like because i cant find anything about it online. :)

I have a small collection of defence forces 'militaria' and while i dont want anything like this in my possession, I just want to see what this specific item looks like because i cant find anything about it online. :)

Yeah best of luck, Im doubtful anyone will post one.

And if anyone believes that, I have a bridge I think you'd be interested in buying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Such as?

Such as?

Use some critical thinking there Chief.

• Advertisement

Such as?

Gnomes.

Seriously though lads. A blanked out ID card ain't gonna be much use to anyone is it? No more than a blanked out Garda badge.

Seriously though lads. A blanked out ID card ain't gonna be much use to anyone is it? No more than a blanked out Garda badge.

Yeah, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Dya reckon? Post up your passport with the details blanked then.

Dya reckon? Post up your passport with the details blanked then.

This is the kind of thing he was looking for

New-Irish-passport.jpg?auto=compress&fit=crop&fm=auto&sharp=10&vib=20&w=1200

Yeah, looks just like that, only different.

I don't know why you guys are replying with these smart remarks. It takes more time to type this irrelevant stuff than to simply say "no i do not know what a defence forces ID card looks like although this person might know etc" or "i did some research for you and this website has something similar etc."

In light of this, thank you for the useful replies. I haven't found any examples since though ill presume it looks like a cac for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I don't know why you guys are replying with these smart remarks. It takes more time to type this irrelevant stuff than to simply say "no i do not know what a defence forces ID card looks like although this person might know etc" or "i did some research for you and this website has something similar etc."

In light of this, thank you for the useful replies. I haven't found any examples since though ill presume it looks like a cac for now.

There are people who have replied to you who do have a df id card their possession but if you can't figure out why they are telling you that you probably won't find anyone willing to give you a picture, blanked out or otherwise, then there is no hope for you.

It looks nothing like a cac card but if you want someone official telling you to sod off contact the Information Office.

Office
    Address: Defence Forces Information Officer,
    Public Relations Branch,
    Defence Forces Headquarters,
    Ceannt Bks,
    Defence Forces Training Centre (DFTC),
    Curragh Camp,
    Co Kildare
    Office: 045 44 5306 or 045 44 5308
    Email: info@military.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

I'll give you a few reasons you won't get any information like this on this online.

IRA
    PIRA
    CIRA
    RIRA
    INLA
    UDA
    UDF
    UVF...

source wrote: »
    I'll give you a few reasons you won't get any information like this on this online.

IRA
    PIRA
    CIRA
    RIRA
    INLA
    UDA
    UDF
    UVF...

And of course... Gnomes.

• Advertisement

Dohvolle wrote: »
    And of course... Gnomes.

Fcuking Gnomes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭jonnybigwallet

I question your motives for asking this question. This site is monitored by G9 for unpatriotic behaviour. Beware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

OP, I think you are what we call in the business as a "Walter Mitty", if you wanted an ID you would have one, just join up, simple as that.
    I am guessing you wanted to join but were deemed not suitable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

[MOD]Whilst I can see some value to knowing what a DoD ID card looks like so that one can recognize it if one sees it (eg military discount offerings), it seems that this isn't going to be something anyone on here will provide. I would suggest that if you have a legitimate reason, you can obtain a sample image from the Dept of Defense Public Affairs Office, much as other sample ID cards are provided by various public departments.

Closing.[/MOD]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement