Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Stihl

Options
  • 16-06-2019 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭

I need a new Stihl blower. Has anyone found a sensibly priced supplier that delivers to Ireland ?

Comments

Discodog wrote: »
    I need a new Stihl blower. Has anyone found a sensibly priced supplier that delivers to Ireland ?

Am rentals or Robert kee I have found to be the cheapest. As someone who has used Stihl for the past 15 years their reliability is getting worse by the year.

Never have had a problem with a blower though so there worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Am rentals or Robert kee I have found to be the cheapest. As someone who has used Stihl for the past 15 years their reliability is getting worse by the year.

Never have had a problem with a blower though so there worth the money.

They are both way dearer than Sam Turner who fortunately deliver to Ireland.

A lot of people are saying the same. I am tempted by Mitox - half the price & good reviews on trustpilot.

They are both way dearer than Sam Turner who fortunately deliver to Ireland.

A lot of people are saying the same. I am tempted by Mitox - half the price & good reviews on trustpilot.

Never heard of Sam turner. Good to know.
    The thing with leaf blowers is they never come under any pressure like a lawnmower or strimmer etc. They will last.

I suppose you are looking at power/ max airflow Vs weight. And they are still the most comfortable tool I have used compared to honda or husqvarna. Pity reliability has gone out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Not go for Tanaka or Maruyama?

I can't see the point when they are the same price or dearer than Stihl.

• Advertisement

Never heard of Sam turner. Good to know.
    The thing with leaf blowers is they never come under any pressure like a lawnmower or strimmer etc. They will last.

I suppose you are looking at power/ max airflow Vs weight. And they are still the most comfortable tool I have used compared to honda or husqvarna. Pity reliability has gone out the window

I think that reliability, longevity & parts availability are key. The actual performance figures are very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Supertoucher

I may have been misinformed but my reseller said Tanaka are exiting the market and so probably aren't the best bet.

Do Stihl still have a handover policy where you can't get them shipped to you?

Is their 4 stroke stuff still problematic?

I may have been misinformed but my reseller said Tanaka are exiting the market and so probably aren't the best bet.

Do Stihl still have a handover policy where you can't get them shipped to you?

Is their 4 stroke stuff still problematic?

Yes but I am assuming this won't apply to a blower.

I haven't had any problems with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Echo Brand

Echo Brand

Same price or dearer than Stihl

• Advertisement

Just to follow up on this Sam Turner will send almost anything to here for £10 inc mowers.

They were very helpful

https://www.sam-turner.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

mower power sell stihl mowers. Dont know if they do other tools but you could inquire.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭eeimcaw

Hi @Discodog,
    What did you get for a finish?
    Looking for a blower myself for under €300
    Thanks

eeimcaw wrote: »
    Hi @Discodog,
    Thanks

Stihl BG 86 C-E from Sam Turner - link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭blackbox

eeimcaw wrote: »
    Hi @Discodog,
    Thanks

I bought one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0764JRVYH/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Perfect for DIY but tubes are a bit flimsy for professional use.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 81r2

Bit late to this party, but here's my find. Just got delivery of a Stihl 86-c-e. Delivery was only £5, machine is £222(incl vat), as per website. Exchange rate is of course favourable. Delivery was to my door.

https://www.gardenmachinesltd.co.uk/stihl-bg-86-c-e-ergostart-27cc-2-stroke-petrol-blower-36721-p.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

81r2 wrote: »
    Bit late to this party, but here's my find. Just got delivery of a Stihl 86-c-e. Delivery was only £5, machine is £222(incl vat), as per website. Exchange rate is of course favourable. Delivery was to my door.

https://www.gardenmachinesltd.co.uk/stihl-bg-86-c-e-ergostart-27cc-2-stroke-petrol-blower-36721-p.asp

Looks like good value. Whats it like? Much power?

PaddyCar wrote: »
    Looks like good value. Whats it like? Much power?

Haven't set it up yet. Just delivered today. I can come back and let you know in a day or two once I try it if you want!
    When researching, one gentleman on a YouTube review said the BG86 slightly pulled to one side, when compared to it's Husqvarna equivalent. Which could be an issue for an operators wrist. I assumed that's long term operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Got my husband the stihl one for his birthday a few months ago. He absolutely loves it says it’s great power but he’s biased towards stihl products. Cost over here was coming in about €365 but got it on forest Park and garden in the uk for £226 inc delivery with exchange rate cost about €252 well worth it to look at uk websites

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

81r2 wrote: »
    Haven't set it up yet. Just delivered today. I can come back and let you know in a day or two once I try it if you want!
    When researching, one gentleman on a YouTube review said the BG86 slightly pulled to one side, when compared to it's Husqvarna equivalent. Which could be an issue for an operators wrist. I assumed that's long term operation.

Any update on the Stihl blower, i'm in the market for something and looking at options.
    thanks

• Advertisement

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Any update on the Stihl blower, i'm in the market for something and looking at options.
    thanks

Your best option is to scour the net for the lowest price on a Stihl

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Your best option is to scour the net for the lowest price on a Stihl

i know Stihl are top of the range and probably more focused on professional use. I was thinking of getting a spurious brand and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them the non well known brands out there?
    Ill probably use it 5 -6 times a year, so not sure its worth splashing out on a Stihl or husqvarna.....open to suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Got my husband the stihl one for his birthday a few months ago. He absolutely loves it says it’s great power but he’s biased towards stihl products. Cost over here was coming in about €365 but got it on forest Park and garden in the uk for £226 inc delivery with exchange rate cost about €252 well worth it to look at uk websites

Sorry now to the mods etc, but I have to say it........a leafblower for his birthday??!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

There's a nice Makita blower that has caught my eye. Reviews look good.
    Any experience of opinions on Makita?
    Seems a decent brand to me, having had some of their hand tools.

The BHX2501
    Online at:
    https://www.gardenmachinesltd.co.uk/makita-bhx2501-245cc-4-stroke-ohv-petrol-blower-2940-p.asp

Also available locally in Screwfix:
    https://www.screwfix.ie/p/makita-bhx2501-24-5cc-4-stroke-petrol-blower/78870

i know Stihl are top of the range and probably more focused on professional use. I was thinking of getting a spurious brand and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them the non well known brands out there?
    Ill probably use it 5 -6 times a year, so not sure its worth splashing out on a Stihl or husqvarna.....open to suggestions

I use a stihl blower practically every day for 10 months of the year and had my last one for 5 years. Sold it for €100. Well worth the money as it would last you a lifetime.

thanks

I posted on this link about the blower, https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058115474/1/#post114802674

Advertisement