Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specsavers any good for experienced hearing aid users?

Options
  • 08-06-2018 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm fed up with Bonovox! Poor build quality aids and crap service. I've found other high street shops exorbitant. Has anyone with a non age related hearing loos tried specsavers or anyone else that is reasonable and competent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have you tried DeafHear.ie? They pop up a lot when people are looking for recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jammie_dodget

the_syco wrote: »
    Have you tried DeafHear They pop up a lot when people are looking for recommendations.

Thanks the_syco last time I checked they sold american manufacturered hearing aids. I think would prefer a European brand. They can keep their inches and inefficient gas guzzling v8s. Their aids probably need a battery change everyday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭joanmul

I'm fed up with Bonovox! Poor build quality aids and crap service. I've found other high street shops exorbitant. Has anyone with a non age related hearing loos tried specsavers or anyone else that is reasonable and competent?
    Have you considered Specsavers? If price is a major factor why not try Newry or Belfast. You can have after sales service here. This has been discussed on this site before. Boots in the North and the UK do them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Depends on your level of hearing loss. Specsavers dont treat profoundly deaf people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I have went to private hearing aid dispensers for years spending a fortune of money. They all gave me in the ear aids which I will admit I did want at the time.. Years later I got a medical card and had aids fitted by the Hse audiologist.
    She tested my hearing and said the in the ear aids I was using all along were not the right aids for me
    She gave me 2 behind the ear aids and I found them great. I know not everyone is in a position to get these aids but for those who are I would recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

lulu1 wrote: »
    She gave me 2 behind the ear aids and I found them great. I know not everyone is in a position to get these aids but for those who are I would recommend them.
    The ones behind the ear have more features, and are able to give those with really bad hearing the assistance they need.

Also, if you wear one i each ear, you'll get bad wind issues. I'm thankful I went from BTE to ITE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

the_syco wrote: »
    The ones behind the ear have more features, and are able to give those with really bad hearing the assistance they need.

Also, if you wear one i each ear, you'll get bad wind issues. I'm thankful I went from BTE to ITE.
    Never had any issues with them except the odd bit of whistling when not in the ear properly
    Unfortunately i went the other way from ITE to BTE couldn't do without them

Advertisement