Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-08-2020, 16:40   #1
Random2016

17 month old sleep regression?

Hi

Any advise for separation anxiety in a 17 month old? I am at home with her 24/7 since covid started...i can't leave her in one room this past week to even go to the toilet without her screaming and crying til I come back..she is never left alone always some family with her. Nap and bedtime have become hour long battles..now I just stay with her as I cant bear her been hysterical...what has happened my happy go lucky little girl? She used to be popped into her cot for sleep and off she would go and when she would wake she could sit in cot chatting away to herself now the second she wakes up its mammy mammy mammy til I go get her. I'm currently in early pregnancy and really struggling with this. Any ideas how to get her to settle on cot alone again? Any advise
Advertisement
08-08-2020, 17:51   #2
bee06

The leap of doom! It’s the last leap on the wonder weeks app and it’s a killer!

Personally I think it’s all about survival through these leaps.
08-08-2020, 19:11   #3
Random2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee06 View Post
The leap of doom! It’s the last leap on the wonder weeks app and it’s a killer!

Personally I think it’s all about survival through these leaps.
Thanks...have you been through one do they get over it quickly?
08-08-2020, 19:13   #4
bee06

I can’t remember to be honest. He’s 2.5 now and I’ve had another baby in the meantime so between the baby brain and the lack of sleep it seems like a long time ago.
Thanks from:
08-08-2020, 19:20   #5
Minier81

Oh that sounds tough. Remember all the regressions are a phase and it will get better. They last a few weeks but can feel like forever. I always just did whatever we needed to to get through it, in my case extra boobs but whatever works for you. The clinginess will pass, don't worry about extra cuddles or bad habits.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion