Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restart Grant

Options
  • 18-06-2020 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Has anyone actually received this yet, or is it a load of empty promises?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

No submitted ours on 4th and still nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Wii776

neris wrote: »
    No submitted ours on 4th and still nothing
    we submitted on 23rd May

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

I know 1 person personally who got it , They would have applied as soon as it was announced and they received it about a week and a half ago , I applied about two weeks ago and emailed about it yesterday and was told its in the "Validation" stage . I've read about people having got it all ready too , so it shouldn't be a problem .

gizabeer wrote: »
    I know 1 person personally who got it , They would have applied as soon as it was announced and they received it about a week and a half ago , I applied about two weeks ago and emailed about it yesterday and was told its in the "Validation" stage . I've read about people having got it all ready too , so it shouldn't be a problem .

What part of the country though? I'm in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

Got mine Monday and I applied 2 weeks ago so hold tight it is on the way ...
    Edit - I’m in Dublin

• Advertisement

Wii776 wrote: »
    What part of the country though? I'm in Dublin

Dublin , Fingal

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dub3075

I applied on the 23rd May and haven't received anything yet. When I made an enquiry to DCC they said they were starting with phase 0 and working there way through. I could really do with it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Just had ours rejected by Dublin city council. We've had a 100% decrease in turnover across both our centres that were forced to close in mid March by the govt
    The estimated % turnover loss from 1st April 2020 to 30th June 2020 was not 25% or more.

·         The business is a branch of a group of multiple chain stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Just had ours rejected by Dublin city council. We've had a 100% decrease in turnover across both our centres that were forced to close in mid March by the govt

The business is a branch of a group of multiple chain stores.

Is this not an exclusion? Maybe try again from 'head office'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Has anyone used this to cover rent. I asked them and just got a copy 'n' paste of this from the FAQs

The grant is a contribution towards the cost of re-opening or keeping a business operational and re-connecting with employees and customers. The grant could be used to defray ongoing fixed costs, e.g. utilities, insurance, refurbishment or for measures to ensure employee and customer safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Has anyone used this to cover rent. I asked them and just got a copy 'n' paste of this from the FAQs

The grant is a contribution towards the cost of re-opening or keeping a business operational and re-connecting with employees and customers. The grant could be used to defray ongoing fixed costs, e.g. utilities, insurance, refurbishment or for measures to ensure employee and customer safety.

I would say yes, as rent is a fixed cost.

From the way that clause is worded, I suspect it may not be enforced too rigourously.

It is credited directly to a business's bank account but does anyone know if receipts are required to establish exact usage?

I would say yes, as rent is a fixed cost.

From the way that clause is worded, I suspect it may not be enforced too rigourously.

It is credited directly to a business's bank account but does anyone know if receipts are required to establish exact usage?

Sorry to hear that. I'd imagine that proviso is to stop the big chains from applying. Do you mind me asking what phase of opening you are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Anyone know how the 25% revenue reduction is being calculated?
    Is it a 25% drop from Q1 to Q2?
    Or from start of Q1 to end of Q2 on a weeky/ monthly basis?
    Or is it 25% drop from Q2 2019 to Q2 2020?

We are in an unusual situation here in that revenue was actually up in Q2 (due to cashflow nature of seasonal business) but could be down by 30% for the full financial year.

Would like to know if there is any point in applying.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Neddyusa wrote: »

We are in an unusual situation here in that revenue was actually up in Q2 (due to cashflow nature of seasonal business) but could be down by 30% for the full financial year.

Thanks.

From the Restart Grant FAQ's
    The business must have suffered a projected 25%+ loss in revenue from 1st April 2020 to 30th June 2020.

Anyone get any updates yet? It's been open for application for over 5 weeks now... in Germany the equivalent was done and in the accounts of businesses within a couple of days!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JDMC2

Brother is really trying to reopen business but not sure how long he can stay open. Restart grant will obviously help.
    I’m wondering though, if his business doesn’t survive, will he have to repay grant? Anyone know the circumstances around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Neddyusa wrote: »

Thanks.

The 25% should be in the April to June time period. However, councils are taking a pragmatic view of all cases from the bit I know. If you send in the application and then an email (with rate number and customer number) and/or phone to explain you situation they may still accept the application. Worth a try for €2000 min

JDMC2 wrote: »
    Brother is really trying to reopen business but not sure how long he can stay open. Restart grant will obviously help.
    I’m wondering though, if his business doesn’t survive, will he have to repay grant? Anyone know the circumstances around this?

I would say apply anyway. The application asks you to commit to reopening. If it gives him a chance to keep going it's worth applying. There's very little chance the council will chase up if he does close. There are other schemes out there now through LEO as well and more on the way.

JDMC2 wrote: »

Grants do not have to be repaid. If it was to be repaid it would be called a loan.

We got confirmation of our grant on Tuesday. We're in Co. Clare.

• Advertisement

Anyone get any updates yet? It's been open for application for over 5 weeks now... in Germany the equivalent was done and in the accounts of businesses within a couple of days!

Totally depends on what area you are in. there's a huge difference from council to council in dealing with application. That's due to the volume of applications, poor filling out of the application, staff numbers, staff working from home, ect. In my county (midlands) from application to payment been received it's just a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dub3075

Mine was approved yesterday. Not sure how long it'll take before I actually get the funds.

dub3075 wrote: »
    Mine was approved yesterday. Not sure how long it'll take before I actually get the funds.

We got a confirmation email on Tuesday night and the money hit the account this morning.

I applied on Monday and approval was confirmed today, hasn't been transferred yet.
    I'm in Wicklow.

I applied on Monday and approval was confirmed today, hasn't been transferred yet.
    I'm in Wicklow.

I'm in Dublin and applied 24th May I think.. not a peep yet

That's excessive, did you get an instant automatic reply from them which basically just listed your answers ?

If so, then I guess it's a case of slow processing

If not, then it may be worth following it up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

South dcc here, approved Tuesday but funds not hit account yet, took one week from submitting to approval phase 0

Send them a follow up email , we did and hey said they said there was a delay because they had sent us an email looking for info about something but we never received it , so we sent it then and got approved the next day . We got the money 5 days later in our account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

There's only 7 days to appeal if your turned down seems like a scam to me. Debts are valid in Ireland for 6 years. Their doing a good thing but the way they are doing it could be better

Advertisement