Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

18-05-2012, 16:34   #1

What gods do you pray to?

I pray to Crom... but I seldom pray to him, he doesn't listen.
He is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, "What is the riddle of steel?" If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me. That's Crom, strong on his mountain!
Crom laughs at your "Gods". He laughs from his mountain.
Advertisement
18-05-2012, 16:43   #2
Tabnabs

Crom is right to laugh, that's a crazy mixed up belief system you have going there
19-05-2012, 22:43   #3
Morag

Thanks from:
24-05-2012, 20:09   #4

My best friend Subotai prays to the four winds. He says his god is stronger. That it is the everlasting sky! And Crom lives underneath him.

I am skeptical of this.

My Father told me that Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is my god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. I must learn its riddle. I must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can I trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.
This I can trust.

Last edited by Cork boy 55; 24-05-2012 at 20:16.
25-05-2012, 02:48   #5
hairyheretic

And I think you can also trust that this is the end of this.

There are other places you can go to channel your inner barbarian.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-06-2012, 22:59   #6
joseph dawton

That's a great film though even if Cork Boy is extracting the urine from us. I wonder if they realised that Crom was an Irish god and researched it or if they just like the name?
11-06-2012, 16:44   #7
Duncan Keegan

I think Conan's creator had some acquaintance with Irish myth and legend, and that's where you get 'Conan', and 'Crom' and God knows what else in there.

And now all I can think about is what is best in life...To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Which makes sense.
24-07-2014, 22:35   #8
Tom75

Every day have a new god.
Thanks from:
09-01-2015, 00:11   #9

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-01-2015, 11:47   #10
Taltos

Ok Cork boy, after 3 years we have been more than tolerant. Post anything like this again in this forum and I'll ban you. Movie forum is that-a-way.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Taltos
(4) thanks from:
Forum Closed