Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget CRM for startup with sales reps

Options
  • 30-09-2020 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a budget CRM system for our startup.

We will have three sales people (including the owners) visiting 600+ bricks and mortar stores and we are really looking for something that can do the following.

1) Track store visits (report how many visits a rep has done, show when each store was last visited etc.)
    2) Track store orders/sales (as we are using distributors, this may need to be manually inputted on a weekly/monthly basis)
    3) Allow for notes to be inputted on each store visit (What the goal of the meeting was, who the rep talked to, what the next steps are etc.)
    4) We use Google Suites so integration with gmail and google drive would be a distinct advantage.

I may be missing something big, so any other advice re: CRM systems would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

shoutman wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a budget CRM system for our startup.

We will have three sales people (including the owners) visiting 600+ bricks and mortar stores and we are really looking for something that can do the following.

1) Track store visits (report how many visits a rep has done, show when each store was last visited etc.)
    2) Track store orders/sales (as we are using distributors, this may need to be manually inputted on a weekly/monthly basis)
    3) Allow for notes to be inputted on each store visit (What the goal of the meeting was, who the rep talked to, what the next steps are etc.)
    4) We use Google Suites so integration with gmail and google drive would be a distinct advantage.

I may be missing something big, so any other advice re: CRM systems would be appreciated.

Hubspot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Thanks for the response but it seems very expensive for what I'm looking for.

Any alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Being super honest, how can you not afford a CRM with 600+ visits? I appreciate that sounds harsh but these systems, versus revenue, are not expensive. If you are using GSuite, you are already paying a few bucks per month so roll the CRM into those costs.

HubSpot has a free tier which is ample for getting started and it also integrates with Gmail:

https://www.hubspot.com/pricing/crm

For sales though, Pipedrive is very good as it's more solidly focused on Opportunties, Deals and Pipelines but it's not free.

After that, you move into open source tools but then you have the headache of setup and maintaince.

Thanks Ironclaw,

Appreciate the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

shoutman wrote: »
    Thanks for the response but it seems very expensive for what I'm looking for.

Any alternatives?

Using Hubspot for 260 employees for two years. Never have paid a cent. The free one is more than adequate. Allows everything you'd need, seamlessly integrates with our email system also. Not sure on Gmail.

• Advertisement

Bandara wrote: »
    Using Hubspot for 260 employees for two years. Never have paid a cent. The free one is more than adequate. Allows everything you'd need, seamlessly integrates with our email system also. Not sure on Gmail.
    Thanks very much, looks like Hubspot is the one for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Insightly could be another option.

Advertisement