Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intralipid Infusions

Options
  • 09-09-2020 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of these in their journey to a successful pregnancy?

I have had six miscarriages in the last three years, the most recent one being in June at 14 weeks. They are largely unexplained although I'm fairly sure the problem is immunological. The babies are developing normally and then it just ends each time around the 11/12 week mark. :(

I've been on every type of medication imaginable. This last time I was on folic acid, aspirin, progesterone, plaquenil, heparin and a course of steroids to suppress immune response, which obviously was unsuccessful.

We are now trying again (probably last time as I am almost 43) and had been considering intralipid infusions at sims as they say they have had some success with them in women like me. However my consultant in the hospital is dead against this and says they are a money racket and preying on vulnerable people like us. They are expensive and have no scientific backing. She says the steroids are the best option for immunology issues and to try them again.

Now we don't know what to do. Don't want to go against her as she is an expert and has been with us throughout our journey but the logical side of me is thinking well, her way hasn't worked so why wouldn't we try the other option? It's hard to know what path to take. I just want to feel like I tried everything I could.

Has anyone here had these or know anything about them? Any info/opinions at all appreciated.

Advertisement