Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call Of Duty 2020 Black Ops Cold War News and Rumurs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Just kicked it off myself. 25gb.

Currently downloading Warzone as apparently you have to download the alpha through that or MW2019.

I might have Warzone downloaded in time for the beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Currently downloading Warzone as apparently you have to download the alpha through that or MW2019.

I might have Warzone downloaded in time for the beta.

Don't think you do. I just got it, when I went to download it gave me the option of selecting all the MW stuff, I just clicked continue without selecting them and the alpha is downloading now.

Don't think you do. I just got it, when I went to download it gave me the option of selecting all the MW stuff, I just clicked continue without selecting them and the alpha is downloading now.

You're bloody well right. I read a couple of articles yesterday and they said you could only get it through MW19/WZ menus.

Ah what harm, only 30 mins left for Warzone to download. I'll have a few games of it next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Before playing WZ you should ask yourself.
    Do you have a history of high blood pressure or heart problems in your family?
    Do you like jump scares?
    Does getting killed cheaply in an online fps really really annoy you? Like really really annoy you.
    Have you ever rage-kicked a family pet while playing online?

Ah I'm only messing I love WZ but do find it stressful at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Before playing WZ you should ask yourself.
    Do you have a history of high blood pressure or heart problems in your family?
    Do you like jump scares?
    Does getting killed cheaply in an online fps really really annoy you? Like really really annoy you.
    Have you ever rage-kicked a family pet while playing online?

Ah I'm only messing I love WZ but do find it stressful at times.

And always remember,Anyone who kills you is obviously cheating and anyone you kill is just a noooooob!! :pac:

When I downloaded Warzone at first, a while back, I was shot out of the sky while parachuting in. I deleted it straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

I love Apex Legends and I do like COD MP in general but I just couldn't get into Warzone at all.

So had a couple of games there, the domination ones. They're alright. Nothing new really, just the same CoD on different maps again. I'll probably end up getting this on PS5 just to have a next gen game (if it's next gen, don't know if they're doing the same as others and releasing the next gen next year).

• Advertisement

you can buy a version for the PS4 that upgrades to the PS5 for an exra tenner. Hey it's Activision what do you expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Not sure if I like it to be honest

Will reserve judgement for the final game but its just tedious atm,

6v6 maps seem a bit big
    12 v 12 on the boats is fun, other one is way too big

Only played a couple of game but loving it. Loving those 12 v 12 games. I've always enjoyed Battlefield but never had the skill to be much good when it came to shooting. This is a lot simpler which is nice.

I usually play hardcore but core was actually enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,675 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I think the movement system is awful. Feels like you're floating in the air. No weight to it at all. Very disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,675 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Also that Miami map, awful.

I think the movement system is awful. Feels like you're floating in the air. No weight to it at all. Very disappointed.

I can see that. Hopefully it's improved upon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Very disappointed on first impressions, it feels awful (guns feel weak as ****) and the TTK is bull****. Not impressed at all but I’ll reserve judgment for the beta. For now I can’t see me doing anything but buying this for the campaign and trading it straight back in - the Mp hasn’t a patch on Modern Warfare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Played a few hours of the Alpha and i am very underwhelmed.

Guns feel non existent. The sound feels muffled for some reason. Not sure if its intentional in the Alpha but for a combat zone it feels like you're in a library.

As for the tanks. You may as well just run away from them as they're damn near invincible.

This whole time to kill streaks really sucks the fun out of multi kills

every youtuber I see has been waxing lyrical about it....better than MW, guns are better, sounds are better, maps are better......

I think they're just happy they're getting matched with noobs again.

I'm a big IW fanboy so am always biased against the other games, I've just always preferred the IW ones. The fact this one is a collab between Treyarch. Raven and Sledgehammer is setting me against it before I've gone near it.

every youtuber I see has been waxing lyrical about it....better than MW, guns are better, sounds are better, maps are better......

I think they're just happy they're getting matched with noobs again.

I'm a big IW fanboy so am always biased against the other games, I've just always preferred the IW ones. The fact this one is a collab between Treyarch. Raven and Sledgehammer is setting me against it before I've gone near it.

Paid shills I’d presume because it isn’t fit to shine MW’s shoes in its current state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Remember it's an alpha, Tony Flame one of the developers said the snipers are tuned to be overpowered and will be adjusted for the beta.
    Satellite is the best map Miami is just
    the same as piccadilly. They need to up their map design otherwise we will be begging for remakes of old maps like firing range.
    Graphics are not a patch on Modern Warfare hope they improve for game release.

• Advertisement

Played a few more games, not impressed but not for the reasons above. It feels stale to me, been there done that kinda vibe. Nothing makes me think its a new game rather than dlc for MW. It's why I'd prefer if they went back to Infinite/Advanced Warfare.

Disclaimer: IW fan
    Oh my god it's dreadful, it makes me want to kill myself, I'm not surprised Treyarch has done it again.
    How anyone can like this?
    I will never buy this crap

I really liked blops 1 but Treyarch have really shat the bed since imo

Oh my god it's dreadful, it makes me want to kill myself, I'm not surprised Treyarch has done it again.

Black Ops 2 was the pinnacle for me, perfect balance to the MP and enjoyable to play. This just sucks though on all levels, how can anyone go from MW to this and not be disappointed? I know it’s an alpha but 2 months out from release you can be pretty sure this is what it will be like minus a bit of polish here and there. It sucks and as much as I want to play the campaign there is simply no way I’m paying 60e for this.

I'm enjoying it. I much prefer Treyarch over IW (I've given up buying IW iterations) and the limited amount I played MW2019 it was far too campy.

It's no BO1 or BO2 but it's still enjoyable. Can't wait to get into hardcore mode.

Time To Kill is pretty good compared to the horrific Black Ops4, I'll have a few more games tomorrow before the alpha finishes. Kill streak system seems fair to me although cool down period needs to be reduced from the 90seconds Still trying to get a chopper gunner maybe tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This is a bit mad, to have such an extreme reaction about a game thats incredibly similar to Modern Warfare.

Personally it didn't grab me at all, just same old same old with cod at this point. Though I prefer the time to kill in it to Modern Warfare, and the red dots on the map. That Desert map was appalling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

was it just me or was the vehicle control absolute ****e compared to MW?

i know its not a drving game like but still at least in warzone its easy to get around the map in a car or heli

AdamD wrote: »
    This is a bit mad, to have such an extreme reaction about a game thats incredibly similar to Modern Warfare.

Personally it didn't grab me at all, just same old same old with cod at this point. Though I prefer the time to kill in it to Modern Warfare, and the red dots on the map. That Desert map was appalling

Was hammered writing that but I don't like being over critical of games and my post is an example of what I don't like other people saying. I don't even remember playing it but obviously didn't enjoy it. Not a fan of Treyarch but their games are very popular and with good reason. My bias tends to impair judgement. I tend not to apologise for things I do when drunk as it's just a waste of everyone's time. This one really isn't for me but it could have been expressed better.

BO3 was the only BO I liked. And that's because it was "futuristic" and tied in well with AW/IW. CoD fans are the worst though, they want the feeling of the original MW/MW2 but new... Which really is impossible. Future is the only way imo, or alternative timelines at the very least so they can mix it up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Alternative reality would actually be really cool idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

Oh my god it's dreadful, it makes me want to kill myself, I'm not surprised

I recommend a prescription of sunlight and interaction with real people

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Beta is available to download(32GB) if you pre-ordered.

Beta live on ps4 for folks who pre-ordered a much more polished game compared to the alpha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Havent played COD properly in a few years but pre-ordered this one and played a few games on the beta tonight, actually really enjoyed it. Connection felt pretty decent overall, looks great on the PS4. Theres a lot of spy plane spam, but its to be expected at the start of a beta. Looking forward to putting some more time in over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Beta live on ps4 for folks who pre-ordered a much more polished game compared to the alpha
    Its clicking with me this time. Dont ask me whats changed but I am enjoying it much more than the alpha.

Just watching driftor there and he was very critical of the beta.

https://youtu.be/grq-WVZzTHs

heroics wrote: »
    Just watching driftor there and he was very critical of the beta.

https://youtu.be/grq-WVZzTHs

I find some of these YouTubers overly critical of the game, he was on moaning about MW as well a few days back and I'm tired of hearing them all complain about SBMM, I played about two hours of this yesterday and found it to be fine certainly better then Black Ops 4. It does feel a bit like MW but then again I like MW. These YouTubers are living in the past thinking there are loads of Noobs playing when in fact most players will watch youtube to get best loadouts guns and tactics to improve at the game.

I haven't heard anyone complain about lag comp in ages as they are too busy complaining about SBMM. I hadn't played a COD game in years until MW, which I've really enjoyed. The negativity coming from the "content creator" crowd while probably justifed to a large extent is just so constant I've had to tune them out.

FPSs enrage me but when things go well it's awesome.

• Advertisement

Anyone find is funny going from MW maps with doors to BO with no doors.

First few games were gas, it messes with your head.

Anyone find is funny going from MW maps with doors to BO with no doors.

First few games were gas, it messes with your head.

Yes found myself running up to doors and hitting square trying to open them like on the Moscow map especially :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

dr disrespect abusing SBMM right now , so funny

I find some of these YouTubers overly critical of the game, he was on moaning about MW as well a few days back and I'm tired of hearing them all complain about SBMM, I played about two hours of this yesterday and found it to be fine certainly better then Black Ops 4. It does feel a bit like MW but then again I like MW. These YouTubers are living in the past thinking there are loads of Noobs playing when in fact most players will watch youtube to get best loadouts guns and tactics to improve at the game.

I just downloaded it there and tbh first 2 games were really hard to play. Felt really bad for lag.

I’m on a PS4 wired connection. If I run a Speedtest from the same connection as the PS4 on my laptop I’m getting ping <4ms and >500/200 down/up so it’s not my connection. Nat is open etc.

Anyone else find the movement really choppy or something. I find it hard to describe but it messes with my eyes nearly like I feel sea sick. Weird I know.

I just downloaded it there and tbh first 2 games were really hard to play. Felt really bad for lag.

I’m on a PS4 wired connection. If I run a Speedtest from the same connection as the PS4 on my laptop I’m getting ping <4ms and >500/200 down/up so it’s not my connection. Nat is open etc.

Anyone else find the movement really choppy or something. I find it hard to describe but it messes with my eyes nearly like I feel sea sick. Weird I know.

Actually it was only combined arms. Normal modes played much better

Actually it was only combined arms. Normal modes played much better

Yeah I avoided that mode seems to get very laggy stick with the 6v6

• Advertisement

Cancelled my pre order for this, I thought the alpha was **** but the beta hasn’t improved anything at all. It just feels **** to play and I don’t understand these you tubers fawning over it - it’s patethic on every level compared to MW. I’d only buy it at this point for the campaign and that’s a stretch if it wasn’t around 30quid which it won’t drop to- this is another Ghosts in the making.

youtubers always wax lyrical about the next COD, every, damn, time.Even if they're not being paid it is financially in their interest to get as many people to buy it so they'll watch them, stream

I find if I can hold out for the first two weeks I can resist. I think with Warzone coming to this though, I'm doomed.

youtubers always wax lyrical about the next COD, every, damn, time.Even if they're not being paid it is financially in their interest to get as many people to buy it so they'll watch them, stream

I find if I can hold out for the first two weeks I can resist. I think with Warzone coming to this though, I'm doomed.

I don’t feel the same, if MW has more seasons coming then I’m not going anywhere especially not to a cheap imitation of it. The only reason I would purchase CW as of now is the campaign and they are about 10 years too late for that.

The beta is grating me a bit now. Its playing better than the alpha.... but

UAV spam.
    Quick scoping spam.
    Grenade spam.
    Controls dont feel great.
    The game engine isn't as good as Modern warfare.

At this stage I just hope the campaign is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Will just wait for the new Modern Warfare in 2021.Dont really enjoy small scale multiplayer anymore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement