Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eFootball PES2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

tigger123 wrote: »
    When will the reviews be available?

Some out already.
    Have you played the demo?
    Plenty of info on it out already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'd love to get my hands on it this evening. Would be great if someone broke the release date

Seems to have come out a few days early in loads of countries already, tonnes of people over on reddit have it, I live in the UK and mine shipped from SimplyGames on Friday, so I should have it when I get home from work. Can't wait. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭tigger123

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Some out already.
    Have you played the demo?
    Plenty of info on it out already.

My delivery from Games Collection arrived this morning!

tigger123 wrote: »
    My delivery from Games Collection arrived this morning!

What the hell are you doing here then?
    Pull a sickie and get playing man! :D

Haha yeah. I remember HMV in Dundrum or Game used to call you the night before and tell you it was available and could be collected in the hour before close.

Or once or twice, you could go into one and tell them the other were selling it and they'd give it to you :P

Can remember doing that alright!
    Or if not, seeing lots of lads on the luas with their heads in the new manual after picking it up after work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Think I'll give this a lash lads. Where's cheapest to pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

If you're not in a hurry, The Game Collection is cheapest but you'll have to wait a few days https://www.thegamecollection.net/efootball-pes-2020-ps4/?sqr=PES%202020%20&

If you're looking to pick it up tomorrow, Smyths currently selling for 55 but with a fiver off if you pre order and pick up in store. Argos won't announce stock or price until tomorrow. Gamestop will be the most expensive unless you're trading in a game from their list which will give you 50% off the 65 euro price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

If you're not in a hurry, The Game Collection is cheapest but you'll have to wait a few days https://www.thegamecollection.net/efootball-pes-2020-ps4/?sqr=PES%202020%20&

If you're looking to pick it up tomorrow, Smyths currently selling for 55 but with a fiver off if you pre order and pick up in store. Argos won't announce stock or price until tomorrow. Gamestop will be the most expensive unless you're trading in a game from their list which will give you 50% off the 65 euro price.

€65 at gamestop?! how do they get away with those prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Out of stock in Smyth's for collection according to website

• Advertisement

jclack wrote: »
    Out of stock in Smyth's for collection according to website

Saw that too... But that's because it's in stock tomorrow.
    Pre-ordering window probably lapsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ever the opportunist with all the activity in here today, if you somehow haven't heard yet, I am running a PS4 Boards PES league (link below)

PES Boards League

We'll be starting a league in 2 weeks and already have 17 people signed up. Any questions, ask in the thread

Good spot, that makes sense. To be honest I haven't checked the website in a couple of weeks so didn't think about that when making the pre-order recommendation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Well, one day to go.
    Not since PES6 have I anticipated a PES game before.
    Nearly feel like phoning up a few stores to see if they have it for sale early!
    Can remember a few places years ago doing that..

I remember that back in the day. Stores which stores "broke". Game on Dawson street were always a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Smyths are random they normally remove home delivery a few days before the release too but you could order it today for home delivery. I'm gonna wait until Thursday to do anything. The update will be out then and impressions of the game as I can't find any reviews at all which I find a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

€65 at gamestop?! how do they get away with those prices?

I don't know how they are still going to be honest - they seem to have a very bad name from what I've seen on boards....always tend to have their prices on the higher end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I don't know how they are still going to be honest - they seem to have a very bad name from what I've seen on boards....always tend to have their prices on the higher end

Great trade in deals. Great console deals. Accessible for (gullible) parents. Decent about of game and nerdy (in a good way) related sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Mines on route since Friday with the game collections.

Fingers crossed it's here tomorrow. And then binge master league when the update is done

No reviews out yet is very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IsItIn

Does anyone know if there's a midnight release anywhere in the country?

A great PES youtube channel worth a look is Spoony Pizzas

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvDPOmJS4aLG05TvpaFXNvA

He goes through lots of stuff, like skill moves that are actually useful. Formation and playing players out of positions, how to do special moves like dipping shot. Videos are usually nice and short too. The only thing I'm good at in PES is free kicks, learned it from Spoony Pizzas.

• Advertisement

IsItIn wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a midnight release anywhere in the country?

Doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Cienciano wrote: »
    A great PES youtube channel worth a look is Spoony Pizzas

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvDPOmJS4aLG05TvpaFXNvA

He goes through lots of stuff, like skill moves that are actually useful. Formation and playing players out of positions, how to do special moves like dipping shot. Videos are usually nice and short too. The only thing I'm good at in PES is free kicks, learned it from Spoony Pizzas.

Yeah I like his stuff. Can’t always (or ever) put it in to practice but learnt a few things last year alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

I'm new to PES and will be getting it tomorrow. Signed up for pes universe and will be hopefully sorting that out tomorrow. I will be pretty much playing master league only I reckon, that's what I used to do with fifa. Is there anyone who has been new to PES over last few years who might have some tips on getting started like is the only way to get legends that you can use in master's league done through the my club and basically gambling with the scouts/agents? Are there any tips for getting regens in ML? Any advice really just to help out a newbie would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lan Di

Can't see it on the Argos website yet, might update for opening

Lan Di wrote: »

Yeah this has concerned me. Gears 5 is also out today and that appeared on the site overnight as expected. I'm starting to think Argos won't have it today for some reason unless someone can tell me they have it in stores and you just have to ask for it?

It's on argos UK website. Hopefully the Irish stores will get it in anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Back to PES after a year off.

Looking for a Championship option file?

Keyzer wrote: »
    Back to PES after a year off.

Looking for a Championship option file?

Evo-web.co.uk was a great place for downloads.

I'm on xbox1 now though so have nothing :(

Happy PES day everyone! :D

Colemania wrote: »
    It's on argos UK website. Hopefully the Irish stores will get it in anyway

Ok so I called in to Argos in store and its immediately available in their stock checkers there (Search for PES 2020, I didn't need to speak to anyone). Unfortunately it's also 64.99 the same as Gamestop. **** that for a game of soldiers so I just went to Smyths down the road and picked it up there for 55.

Ok so I called in to Argos in store and its immediately available in their stock checkers there (Search for PES 2020, I didn't need to speak to anyone). Unfortunately it's also 64.99 the same as Gamestop. **** that for a game of soldiers so I just went to Smyths down the road and picked it up there for 55.

Balls. (Literally!)
    Would Tesco have it?
    I'll be passing Omni later so hope it'd have it cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

If any of you are getting it in Argos,just to let you know it's 58 in the catalogue but showing up as 65 on the computer screen to check stock. Just took the picture attached in Argos in the illac centre

jclack wrote: »
    I'm new to PES and will be getting it tomorrow. Signed up for pes universe and will be hopefully sorting that out tomorrow. I will be pretty much playing master league only I reckon, that's what I used to do with fifa. Is there anyone who has been new to PES over last few years who might have some tips on getting started like is the only way to get legends that you can use in master's league done through the my club and basically gambling with the scouts/agents? Are there any tips for getting regens in ML? Any advice really just to help out a newbie would be appreciated

Not sure how much the following will help you but here are my own thoughts for what it's worth.

ML is getting a revamp this year so advice from previous years isn't necessarily going to apply. That said, apart from the new manager cut scenes (which seem gimmicky) the main change appears to be a much more realistic transfer system. I've heard that player regens still happen immediately after retirement though and much of the rest of ML appears to be the same.

If you hadn't heard, the day one squads in PES 2020 are still last seasons and won't be updated until Thursday so don't start a ML campaign until Thursday if you want the latest squads.

There is a very limited offline section within myClub and it can be handy for grinding out some gp and scouts as well as get used to the management of myClub and sussing out your best teams, but there is very little variation in terms of opponents so you wont spend much time in there if you're staying offline. I've never tried to use Legends in myClub so can't help you on that but it sounds vaguely familiar that you may need to unlock them in myClub first alright.

For long term play though I would highly recommend online play. I played PES 18 for 6 months and only offline. When I upgraded to PES 19 I was fairly hesitant but decided to join in the boards league here as it seemed less scary than playing random foreigners. It's an entirely different game when playing against real people. It takes a while to get used to the speed and instincts of real players and you will lose lots and lots of games, but if you can accept that the wins will be more rewarding and you'll become a better player than if you just play offline.

As has been mentioned here and just above, there is a Boards league starting up in a couple of weeks if you wanted to join. Be warned, the lads who play are sound as a pound but they take the league games seriously so they will hammer you if they are much better than you and my guess is many of them will be. But speaking from experience it's a great community to help you get into online play, and there's always Co-Op games going on between us as well which means you can play alongside some great PES players and let them do all the frivolous stuff like tackling and scoring goals while you can focus on the important things like kicking off and taking throw ins on the way to a resounding victory! … I may be speaking from experience there as well :P

If any of you are getting it in Argos,just to let you know it's 58 in the catalogue but showing up as 65 on the computer screen to check stock. Just took the picture attached in Argos in the illac centre

So which price is ultimately paid? I've already purchased mine from Smyths but I'm curious as the 65 was a big surprise as Argos have always been cheaper than Gamestop in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lan Di

Expected it to be 50, oh well Smyths it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Bought the digital version yesterday.....steam still saying game not released yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Expected it to be 50, oh well Smyths it is.

It's 55 in Smyth's. Just picked up my copy in Smyth's on jervis st

I got it on PSN and just checked and it's downloaded. But I'm busy all week trying to sell a house and buy another one, so doubt I'll get much chance to actually play it.

"Information to follow" couldn't better describe Konami's approach to marketing :P

I got it on PSN and just checked and it's downloaded. But I'm busy all week trying to sell a house and buy another one, so doubt I'll get much chance to actually play it.

Stupid real life priorities!

Best of luck man!

• Advertisement

Stupid real life priorities!

Best of luck man!

Cheers. Priority in the new house is decent broadband

The king of excuses comes up with another cracker!

I have so much to learn, sensei … please teach me! *bows*

Cheers. Priority in the new house is decent broadband

As long as its ready for the boards league, I couldn't give a sh1t :pac:

Best of luck with the move!

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Bought the digital version yesterday.....steam still saying game not released yet?

Just saw on Twitter it'll be available from 17:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Just saw on Twitter it'll be available from 17:00.

Oh right so

The king of excuses comes up with another cracker!

I have so much to learn, sensei … please teach me! *bows*

Lol, timed the "move" perfectly. Lined up the "new broadband" nicely too. Even hinted at lack of practice time, all in one short sentence. If I was as good at pes as I was at making excuses damo would be shítting himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,694 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Any word on performance levels between the PS4 Pro and OneX ? Haven't really followed any of the buildup or demos etc, and leaving the PC one aside for the time being.

Obviously the option file situation makes the decision for some for PS4, but not too pushed about it this time around. Spent way too much time with previous releases on that side.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Any word on performance levels between the PS4 Pro and OneX ? Haven't really followed any of the buildup or demos etc, and leaving the PC one aside for the time being.

Obviously the option file situation makes the decision for some for PS4, but not too pushed about it this time around. Spent way too much time with previous releases on that side.

Option File aside, PS4 has by far the biggest player base on any platform so if online games are important to you it will be much easier finding opponents on PS. Knowing this and because Konami are really trying to become the top eSport game they will have ensured that PES 2020 will be optimised for PS4 so in terms of performance I can't imagine XBOX will outperform it by much if at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,694 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Possibly, but the online part of PES has never grabbed me at all, prefer my battles to be good old-fashioned 'sitting there beside me so a row can start', so really only interested in actual performance level - couldn't imagine there'd be much at all, but I suppose it's only when its in the hands of players that we'd know for certain.
    Probably will end up with the PS4 version, but might hold off just in case for the time being.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Possibly, but the online part of PES has never grabbed me at all, prefer my battles to be good old-fashioned 'sitting there beside me so a row can start', so really only interested in actual performance level - couldn't imagine there'd be much at all, but I suppose it's only when its in the hands of players that we'd know for certain.
    Probably will end up with the PS4 version, but might hold off just in case for the time being.

Some on us have no real life friends. So online is all we have in life. The only people I know are the boards PES lads, I'm going to ask Coleman to be best man at my wedding

Some on us have no real life friends. So online is all we have in life. The only people I know are the boards PES lads, I'm going to ask Coleman to be best man at my wedding

Am...... Well I'll be moving house while also selling a house then......

Am I doing it right? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement