Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards PES League - Season 6 Fixtures and Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Forest 1 - 1 Stoke

Forest 2 - 3 Brentford

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Swansea 3 Stephen mc 0

A very frustrating and weird game series, we played this 4 times. First game was lagging and a ht we decided it was **** but would play out as a frendly Stephen won 4 1, second game we actually finished 4 nil to me but Stephen said the connection was **** so we agreed to a rematch. Third game at 1 nil up to me more lagging so on to try 4, at 35 mins in and at 3 nil up to me the we disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Brentford 3 - 3 Stoke

Lot of stuff in this match that showed negatives about this game rather than positives tbh.

And holy **** Brentford are really, really bad

Forest 5 - 4 Norwich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Stoke 3-3 Norwich

Another crazy game with nearly 35 shots in this game, Stoke took advantage of set pieces in this one scoring from 2 corners through vokes and a nice finish from diouf.
    Pukki wonder show clawed back the game for Norwich to score an equalizer late, very well played bud

Brentford 3 - 2 Preston

Could’ve went either way - belter of a goal to put me 2-1 up swung it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Preston 0-3 Brentford

Another shocking game for me, strikers who can't finish their dinner and rotten luck. Have to have the worst team in the league but that's what I get for deciding to play in the league at the last minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Leeds 6-2 West Brom

Good game this, was closer than the scoreline suggests, with three of my goals coming in the last 15 mins as Dan needed to push forward more. Hattrick for Brown and Roofe also got two for me, with Gayle scoring both West Brom goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

West Brom 2-4 Preston

Preston were way better. 2-1 I went for broke. Ended up conceding 2 more.

• Advertisement

Boards League Gameweek 5 Fixtures

IMG-20190513-094808.jpg
    IMG-20190513-094851.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

Leeds 1 - Derby 4

Well gave Damo a game for the first 80 mins anyway. Was a positive start from me, I took the lead after 6 mins but Derby equalized a few mins later. Even enough half and 1-1 at the break.

Midway through second half, Damo had a shot that probably should have gone in but it hit the post and trickled along the mouth of the goal before arriving just beyond the other post. I was sure my keeper would get it but Derby had other ideas and managed to get a touch on it to send it back in to the area where my defender tried to clear it but knocked it in for an own goal in the process. Though not entirely sure the ball fully crossed the line ;) A couple of more goals sealed the deal late on when I went all out attack and fell apart at the back. Good game Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

Aston Villa 1-3 Sheffield Wednesday

Very tight game this with nothing between the sides, except a Gary Hooper hattrick and some unbelievable misses from Kodija. Hooper scored a cracker from outside the box in the 2nd min, Villa equalised in the immediately with a well worked move (Troy Deeney-esque V Leicester in the playoffs a few years ago!) and pushed on for the lead in the second half.

A fortuitous break in the box saw the ball land at Hooper's feet just before half time and he smashed it for 2-1. Villa threw caution to wind and brought on Kodija to chaser the game. They pinned Wednesday back for most of the 2nd half where Kodija wasted Villa's best opportunities. After throwing everything at it Villa were caught on the break in the last minute where Hooper completed his hattrick. Great game Kenneth.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Swansea 7 villa 0

Everything went right for me, both strikers got a hat trick each. Nothing went right for villa.
    Good game ken

Leeds 2-1 Nottingham Forest

Just about held on for the win here. First half Meath had a great chance to go ahead but hit the bar. I took the lead through Klich shortly after and Brown got my second just before the break. Even enough first half but I slightly edged it.

Second half saw a few chances for both sides, but with the 2-0 lead intact I was feeling comfortable enough. Then Murphy pulled one back from a corner on 73 mins, and I was hanging on a bit after that but managed to see it out.

Good game meath

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Derby 4-0 Notts Forest

Good game this wasn't much chances in the first half as both teams seemed to cancel each other out. Waghorn found himself on the end of a lovely team move and smashed one in just outside the box. Marriot would add one soon after with waghorn and Marrriot both scoring late goals to seal the win for Derby. Good game Meath

Sheffield Wednesday 4-0 West Brom

Wednesday flew out of the traps here with two quick goals from Rolando Aarons. Substitute Luis João made it 3-0 after a 2nd half counter attack as West Brom threw everything at Wednesday. Foresteiri made it 4 and it finished like that. Great game Dan.

Sheffield Wednesday 3-3 Norwich

Crazy game from start to finish. Wednesday gifted Norwich the opener and the canaries were soon 2-0 up as Pukki and Stieperman was in ruthless form. Gary Hooper and co were in less ruthless form as they became very fond of the woodwork in this game. Hooper did set up Aarons for 2-1 just before half time however.

The 2nd half would see increased threat from Norwich on the break as Wednesday pushed for equaliser. They did eventually get it as substitutes Onomah and João combines to set up Hooper for a tap in. The pair instantly combined again for a carbon copy of the equaliser, only for Hooper to take more of a shine towards the frame of goal than the empty net in front of him.

Norwich then almost sent the Wednesday fans home like what the Leeds fans must be feeling like right now as Pukki broke free from the halfway line and finished expertly with a dink over Westwood to lead the match 3-2 in the 86th minute. Gung Ho quickly ensued from Wednesday and Luis João recused a point for his team in the last minute.

Great game Slattery!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Norwich 0 - 5 Villa

Plenty of chances for both teams, but Villa stuck theirs and Norwich didn't. The keeper pulled off some great saves too for Villa.

The goal of the game was by Mcginn just on HT a lovely dipping shot from edge of the box.

Well played Ken

Forest 0 - 5 Swansea

• Advertisement

Preston 3-2 Leeds

Mad game here. Leeds took an early 2 nil lead with both goals from Barker. Leeds went on the attack and got a goal before half time with Klich. Second half Preston put on a lot of pressure but couldn't make it count until the 75th minute when Pearson scrambled in a goal from a corner. A minute later, Leeds grabbed a consolation but Preston held on for the win.

Good game osh

Preston 2-1 Sheffield Wednesday

Tense game this. Maguire opened the scoring in the first half with a cracker only for big lucas joao to equalise with a rebounder. Callum Robinson missed a host of sitters, one back post tap in with the keeper stranded and he put it wide. Wednesday also had a good few chances missed also. Super sub Daniel Johnson popped up with a winner as it entered into injury time after Wednesday couldn't clear their lines.

Finally some points on the board for Preston after a few tight losses.

Good game Stephen

Preston 3-1 Notts Forest

Forest opened the scoring with a nicely worked goal. Barkhuizen equalised in the second half with Browne following up with another goal to put Preston ahead. Forest went on the attack and substitute Moult ended the contest in injury time

Good game meath

Brentford 4 - 3 Swansea

Would’ve been disgusted if I didn’t win that.

Went 0-1 down after a stupid save from his keeper which shouldn’t have happened.. then the dreaded counter attack and my defender twists himself around to miss the ball and Swansea scored.

Didn’t go on tilt thankfully and got a deserved win.

Important too with a few teams below catching up

Brentford 4-1 West Brom

Good game man

Boards League Gameweek 6 Fixtures

IMG-20190521-142806.jpg
    IMG-20190521-142841.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

Preston 1-5 Derby

Gulf in class here even with Derbys E form. Playoff hero Jack Marriot bagged a few goals for Derby and Browne grabbed a consolation for Preston with the last kick of the game following a nice passing move started by the keeper running half the field!

Well done damo

Leeds 1-3 Sheffield Weds

Not many chances in first half but I had the best of it and bagged a goal. Second half my defence fell apart after Stephen pushed on a bit, and three goals from Weds sealed the win. A few through balls just seemed to slice right through my defence with my centre backs walk about.

GG and well played. Top 4 looking less certain by the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Villa 0-1 Preston
    A very exciting game this Robinson would fire home after 10mins, villa were the better team in the first half and the half ended with villa having a great chance from a corner
    Preston would come out a lot stronger in the second half but couldn't find the killer second goal , villa pushed hard and we're very unlucky to not get a result from the game
    Good game coleman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Villa 3-1 West Bromwich
    Villa started the brighter and we're 2 nil up 30mins in through hourihane and adomah with a quality finish , Dwight gayle would pull one back before half time to sent up an exciting second half
    Second half started very cautiously with both teams not giving away much until John McGinn rifled one home from the edge of box with an hour gone to take the wind out of West Broms sails
    West Brom would push late on but in the end villa would hold tough to take the 3 points
    Good game Dan

Advertisement