Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

xmas

Options
  • 06-11-2006 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

OK anyone else SICK of the christmas carols being blasted from the shop speakers?

I know its christmas soon but for now its only november-And we wonder why by december 10th we are ready to pack it all in!!I love christmas but if i see
    " 7 weeks to go" on another window ill kill myself-It seems like only yesterday i was in town and Toymaster had a sign saying"21 weeks to christmas" and i thought" ah thats ages away" How its crepped up this year!!!

I still have SO MUCH to get!

Anyone here have everything gotten wrapped and ready!

Like my weird sisters have!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i heard "Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas" in Dunnes yesterday

i died a little inside. too soon for those songs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

oh has it all started yet? been to busy drinkin and doin fun stuff to notice trivial things like that.

haha how did that post sound! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

pepper wrote:
    OK anyone else SICK of the christmas carols being blasted from the shop speakers?

I know its christmas soon but for now its only november-And we wonder why by december 10th we are ready to pack it all in!!I love christmas but if i see
    " 7 weeks to go" on another window ill kill myself-It seems like only yesterday i was in town and Toymaster had a sign saying"21 weeks to christmas" and i thought" ah thats ages away" How its crepped up this year!!!

I still have SO MUCH to get!

Anyone here have everything gotten wrapped and ready!

Like my weird sisters have!!!

Its not that bad, you could be worse off. Imagine having no Christmas at all huh??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Mossy Monk wrote:

it should be "do they know its NOT christmas":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Seeing as Islam is prob still the pre-dominant religion I doubt they care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I got a Christmas Card this morning from a business publication!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

It hit me in the Pavilions in Swords last friday... they have the tree up and a good few decorations... i guess ill start sizing up presents the next time im in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Mossy Monk wrote:

Noooo, only another month and 19 days until this is over. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Bring it on :) I've been playing these Christmas ditties since July but then I'm a real saddo when it comes to Christmas. I love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I've been hearing Christmas songs with the shops kitted out for a good while now so it doesn't bother me too much, silly yankehs. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I absolutely love xmas but I refuse to acknowledge xmas season til december 1st
    I admit I have started thinking of what pressies to buy though :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

ITS ONLY SIX WEEKENDS AWAY!
    They started late tbh.

<3 Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i worked in dunnes for 3 years. they play about 20 songs on a loop. i was near suicidal by the time christmas arrived every year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Wonder how long it will be before "Fairytale of New York" starts being played EVERYWHERE, EVERY minute of the day?!
    Wont be long now I wager.
    When you have that song in yer head 24/7 and its a choice between homicide and suicide, thats when you know its really xmas!

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I've been ignoring it obviously because I've noticed anything to do with Xmas yet.

I've heard people complain about the fact that the hype is starting early but people who complain about the hype are still spreading it. Just don't talk about or worry presents and the like for another month or so.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Mossy Monk wrote:

i work there....

i'm dead inside

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

It's the biggest commercial holiday of the year for retail. Knowing this, would you expect them to behave any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

i worked in dunnes for 3 years. they play about 20 songs on a loop. i was near suicidal by the time christmas arrived every year

:D funnily enough when I worked in Tesco for 2 years I used to love when the christmas songs came on because the usual music was so utterly detestable it was such a nice change

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Wonder how long it will be before "Fairytale of New York" starts being played EVERYWHERE, EVERY minute of the day?!
    Wont be long now I wager.
    When you have that song in yer head 24/7 and its a choice between homicide and suicide, thats when you know its really xmas!

B
    I never even liked that song in the first place =/

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Where I work, we don't play Christmas music on principle...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Smithfield on Ice begins soon. That'll mean Xmas tunes blasted through my whole apartment every evening and night and all day at the weekends. I might just start crying now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

And soon the christmas lights will go up-well actually they are up in my town already but they have not lit them yet!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH.

muhahahaha!

Karoma wrote:
    Moved from AH.

muhahahaha!

Nice forum, why isn't it appearing in the "Rec" drop-down menu at the top of the screen? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

r3nu4l wrote:
    Nice forum, why isn't it appearing in the "Rec" drop-down menu at the top of the screen? :(

It will eventually, takes a few hours for it to happen as far as I can remember from others being created.

Ruu wrote:
    It will eventually, takes a few hours for it to happen as far as I can remember from others being created.

Cheers Ruu, I realise these things are going to take longer...now that it's coming up to Christmas! Yay!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's one thing being a customer and hear the christmas songs while shopping but that's nothing to what the staff have to endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

What makes xmas songs even worse is that there probably only ~20 of them and during the christmas period its the same 20 songs for ~2 months just being sung by different people and sometimes, at a stretch, at different tempos.

• Advertisement
Advertisement