Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I got a 19 kill streak in Rumble last night and got a game KD of 24 :D Sniper FTW!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Ultimate filth - a Solos win with one Kill.

I had more kills in the pre-match lobby :p

Really limited opening circle, so just don't get how I ended up avoiding conflict for so long.
    Did trail a lad for about five minutes, he didn't look back once. He got killed in the final circle, and I avenged him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I absolutely love the CR-AMAX in solos but one thing I've learned is apparently I need more than 30 bullets to kill someone (almost). The amount of times I have to use 20+ bullets when firing at someone to nerf them is embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Buy back is coming back again this week, just quads though I think

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Hi guys, this is probably a silly question and no solution to but I thought I’d ask. I’m playing with a mate in Australia but obviously on different servers which is making it virtually unplayable with a delay on who ever joins their party. Any ideas or solutions apart from getting a plane ticket over to him, thanks :)

• Advertisement

your always going to get that with online fps games
    you even see streamers/youtubers complaining about it when they are playing with UK/US friends
    It's a handy excuse every time you die "this F888ing LAG!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    your always going to get that with online fps games
    you even see streamers/youtubers complaining about it when they are playing with UK/US friends
    It's a handy excuse every time you die "this F888ing LAG!!!!"

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. It’s like a 2 second delay before bullets register so you virtually lose every one on one

Did the bunker 11 easter egg

Tedious but passed a couple of hours trying to crack it

what's happening with Warzone when the new game comes out? Will they turn off MW WZ?
    I'll probably not buy the new one if I can still play WZ in MW

what's happening with Warzone when the new game comes out? Will they turn off MW WZ?
    I'll probably not buy the new one if I can still play WZ in MW

will still be free to play and a standalone version available on the psn store etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Really unimpressed with cold war. I was never really a fan of the black ops aesthetics but the gameplay just feels like a step back. SBMM is lethal, feels like if you get a killstreak you are guaranteed a sweat lobby the next 2-3 games.

I know they said its "alpha", but no developer is going to release an actual alpha build for people to play on. They know opinions will be formed and sales will be made and lost on this build. This is far closer to the final product than an alpha build would be.

I'll be sticking with MW for another year anyway, I might even go for damascus.

100 longshots on the rifles would give me pause for thought on Damascus, there's only so much HC domination I can play. That's not even one of the trickier ones.

100 longshots on the rifles would give me pause for thought on Damascus, there's only so much HC domination I can play. That's not even one of the trickier ones.

Yeah, I feel pretty scummy going for the mounted longshots on the AR because you just need to camp an alleyway. I have JOKR/Riot Shield gold and the main thing putting me off the grind is just the AR longshots and mounted kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Doff wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel pretty scummy going for the mounted longshots on the AR because you just need to camp an alleyway. I have JOKR/Riot Shield gold and the main thing putting me off the grind is just the AR longshots and mounted kills.

Shoothouse, mounted at spawn. There is always someone else doing it too, so you don't feel guilty because it feels balanced!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

25 matches with a marksman rifle and reflex sight is an absolute nightmare.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Shoothouse, mounted at spawn. There is always someone else doing it too, so you don't feel guilty because it feels balanced!

yep i did this for unlcking the SKS as id missed S3 battle pass an onlystarted in S4,

"2 Longshots that are Headshots with Sniper Rifles or Marksman Rifles in 15 matches"

load up shoothouse, select Kar98 loadout, onto the wall, mount pop 2 longshot headshots back out restart x 15

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

That last warzone special event was brilliant for it (the one with the moving circle), you could play the edges and pretty much every kill was at longshot range.

That last warzone special event was brilliant for it (the one with the moving circle), you could play the edges and pretty much every kill was at longshot range.

bring back kingslayer trios!!

either that or even the warzone rumble

I thought of that about 5 minutes after it ended, I hope it's back this week

I thought of that about 5 minutes after it ended, I hope it's back this week

activision blog will be out later with this weeks updates

the rumble stadium map was great for it, sat in the exec level office sniping out the window

• Advertisement

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    yep i did this for unlcking the SKS as id missed S3 battle pass an onlystarted in S4,

"2 Longshots that are Headshots with Sniper Rifles or Marksman Rifles in 15 matches"

load up shoothouse, select Kar98 loadout, onto the wall, mount pop 2 longshot headshots back out restart x 15

wasn't that for the rytec? I am so not a sniper but had to snipe to get that. I loaded up the carbine because I'm an idiot and ran around shipment. It actually worked out better than expected.

I don't know about ye lads but anytime I go near that damn spawn wall in shoothouse I get blasted from the left or right and end up respawning in the middle :o

Warzone seems good for longshots, even if its slower.

wasn't that for the rytec? I am so not a sniper but had to snipe to get that. I loaded up the carbine because I'm an idiot and ran around shipment. It actually worked out better than expected.

Rytec was quickscopes i think

Míní Royale is back this weekend

And shipment/shoot house getting split into their own 24/7 lists instead of combined

if you're looking for me this weekend I'll be in the middle container mounted with an AR

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I got a 390 meter snipe with my AX-50 last night, Id say we had about 6 downs between us before we managed to finish any of them

my longest kill is around 150M with an iron sighted Bruen, yeah they probably needed to nerf that.
    I don't snipe but in saying that I don't get killed a lot by snipers, except in the early days of the thermal scoped menace

I'm so much more comfortable with a sniper, unfortunately its very noticable what my preference is when the circle gets small and you get forced into close quarters :(

Hoping to practice that a bit with mini royale this weekend.

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I got a 390 meter snipe with my AX-50 last night, Id say we had about 6 downs between us before we managed to finish any of them

think mine is about 420 or so on one of the rumble maps last week, was with a HDR

• Advertisement

I'm terrible at reading the final circle. When I won the solo (the post is just an excuse to mention this again) I was running towards it and took a wrong turn and ended up in the gas. I was so confused I didn't know what was happening. I got out with all my armour cracked and a sliver of health, like a breeze would have killed me.

I'd be hopeless in a real war. All my sense and reason goes awol in those final few moments.

Advertisement