Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring and dash pranking by kids in my neighbourhood, what can be done?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I am really curious though to know, for everyone commenting it's common prank, yes I have heard of it, I watched the pranks as well, but is there no limit to it. The fact I lay out on knocking and ringing for 4 hours of ten minutes gap, I am not exaggerating, that is exactly how they do it, It feels more of harassment on that level, did you guys do that long ?
    Kids do it for the chase. When word gets around of your chase, more will probably ring the bell. When no reaction happens, they'll move onto someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Some kids from up the road from us decided it would be great craic to start doing this to our next-door neighbours, not long after a pair of new-born twins arrived into the house.

Reaction from the parents from up the road was fairly similar to that of the parents in the OP.

Neighbour decided to call up and ring the doorbell of the offending kids after a 4am feed with the twins - waited for the parents arrived down and then explained that every time the kids rang his doorbell, he'd arrive up after a night-time feed and do the same again.
    The kids seem to be afraid to venture down our end of the street since :pac:

Long story short - make the parents aware that there are consequences of not instilling some discipline in their offspring and there's more of a change that they'll actually do something.

Advertisement