Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES League - Season 6 Fixtures and Results

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

They are some epic match reports right there, Callaway. :pac: :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wilberto wrote: »
    They are some epic match reports right there, Callaway. :pac: :pac: :)

Haha - just wanted to get the matches done . Was shattered!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Boards League - Champions Cup

IMG-20190608-210736.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

Semi final - 1st Leg

Derby 2-2 Sheffield Wednesday

Lucas João opened the scoring in the first half for Wednesday and they went into the break 1 up. Derby quickly leveled at the start of the first half through Waghorn and then took control of the tie through Nugent in the 75th min to lead 2-1. Corner for Wednesday in the last minute of injury time resulted in the equaliser as Hooper kept alive a poor corner for João to nod home the leveller.

2nd Leg

Sheffield Wednesday 5-4 Derby

A pulsating 2nd leg match saw Derby go into the lead after 12mins, Marriot finishing well after being set up by Waghorn. Hooper would reply instantly however with a stunning volley in off the bar after connecting with a João through ball. The pair were kept quiet for the rest of the half though as Derby pushed on through Waghorn finishing off a great passing move to lead 2-1. Marriot made bits of Hector to turn and finish calmly for 3-1 and Mount made it 4-1 just before half time with a stunning finish after a kind break of the ball.

Wednesday went Gung Ho at the break in desperation but were instantly rewarded with João pulling one back from kick off to make it 4-2. Derby replied by putting Marriott through 1v1 but Westwood saved. Wednesday were getting lucky as Tom Lees's attempted clearence in front of an empty net rebounded back off Marriott and created another chance for Mount, which he curled narrowly wide.

Onomah looked to play a 1-2 with João but the ball luckily rebounded back to Onomah to put him through to finish for 4-3. Derby came back with a Waghorn effort that was saved again by Westwood. Wednesday went straight up the pitch from that play and made it 4-4 through João finishing well from a Foresteiri through ball.

Reach, who came on at half time, received his second booking off the match 70 mins, leaving Wednesday's backs right up against the wall. Cue a succession of last ditch tackles and interceptions as Derby piled it on in search of the winner but everything was going Wednesday's way. Especially when after 86 mins Wednesday scored their 5th goal from only their 5th shot on target in the match, with João setting up Hooper to smash home from outside the box. Wednesday into the final in disbelief!

After talking with Damo after match he said he had awful connection in the 2nd half, two bars at times, while I had next to no problems. Damo was obviously pissed but said he'd stand by the result and didn't look for a replay as his connection in general has been very poor lately and would likely have been no better in a rematch. Fair play Damo, the real MVP of this league!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

1st Leg

Swansea 1 - 1 Brentford

The minnows went a goal down but equalised straight away .. cagey game

2nd leg

Brentford 2 - 5 Swansea

Red card (harsh one tbf) killed the game when it was 0-0 .. tried to get a goal then and couldn’t.

Good games

End of the line for 2.5* Brentford - I’d say statistically the worst team in the league, so fairly chuffed with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Champions cup final
    First leg
    Swansea 2 sheff Wednesday 1
    An absolute travesty of justice, if this was a league game it could be considered funny but in a final it was awful. 1 all for a long spell I chipped a ball toward which was cut out by the cb to head back to the keeper who fumbled the ball into his own net. Stephen pushed on hitting the post and my keeper pushing 1 onto the crossbar when it looked certain Sheffield would score.

Second leg.
    Swansea 1 Sheffield Wednesday 0
    Once again Stephen was unlucky with 20 mins gone he had the ball in my box as he tried to cross it I nipped in and stole the ball, so the cross became a very late sliding tackle which resulted in a red card, it was harsh. I eventually sealed the win with a Nathan dyer goal late on.

Delighted to retain the champions cup even with large slices of luck in both the semis and the final and avoiding damo.
    Thanks Coleman for organising the league again.

UP THE DUBS

Advertisement