Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contiki tour. cairns to sydney

Options
  • 29-10-2015 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Seriously considering saving for this tour here

http://www.contiki.com/destinations/australia/tours/421-beaches-and-reefs-start-cairns-new

Flights to Oz seem to be about €1000 so with that trip that's €3000 all I'd need is expenses then. Would a month seem like a good idea? I'd like to finish that tour then get a plane to brisbane and go to kingscliff. My uncle lives there..free accommodation for a few days. I'd probably spend a day or two in a hostel in brisbane to explore.

How much spending money would I need? Should I do more than a month?

I don't plan on working there. Purely going for a life experience. SOLO may I just add.

Its just s thought for now but I so want to do it. I just need to make plans and figure stuff out. Hopefully you people who were/are in Oz can guide me in the right direction

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

MarkY91 wrote: »

http://www.contiki.com/destinations/australia/tours/421-beaches-and-reefs-start-cairns-new

Flights to Oz seem to be about €1000 so with that trip that's €3000 all I'd need is expenses then. Would a month seem like a good idea? I'd like to finish that tour then get a plane to brisbane and go to kingscliff. My uncle lives there..free accommodation for a few days. I'd probably spend a day or two in a hostel in brisbane to explore.

I don't plan on working there. Purely going for a life experience. SOLO may I just add.

Its just s thought for now but I so want to do it. I just need to make plans and figure stuff out. Hopefully you people who were/are in Oz can guide me in the right direction

http://www.peterpans.com.au/backpacking-holidays-australia/18-night-east-coast-party-combo

Having done the east coast a couple of years ago I'd recommend peterpans. Loads of packages and they can tailor it to suit your budget. Generally the 18 days trip I think is the best value but look and see what you want to do. Remember they aren't set in stone and include all accommodation and even a few meals.

You'll be staying in hostels and meeting loads of people who are going solo and will have a good laugh. Most people tend to go to Sydney and work up the coast. I'd say if you had 1000 euro (1600 dollars for the 18 days) you would finish we a bit of money at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

duffman13 wrote: »
    http://www.peterpans.com.au/backpacking-holidays-australia/18-night-east-coast-party-combo

Having done the east coast a couple of years ago I'd recommend peterpans. Loads of packages and they can tailor it to suit your budget. Generally the 18 days trip I think is the best value but look and see what you want to do. Remember they aren't set in stone and include all accommodation and even a few meals.

You'll be staying in hostels and meeting loads of people who are going solo and will have a good laugh. Most people tend to go to Sydney and work up the coast. I'd say if you had 1000 euro (1600 dollars for the 18 days) you would finish we a bit of money at the end.

The 18 day package looks good but I'm a kettle confused with it. There is an option for no transport but I need transport so is the standard price for me?

It says it's a party tour so would we be going to clubs or bars etc a lot? The contiki one seems very relaxed and to be honest, I'd like to party at night or at least have the option to.

So many options to choose from all very the Internet that I'll have to give it time and choose but for now I'll start my savings fund :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Cairns to Sydney r sydney to cairns guys?

I'd like to stay at a hostel in Sydney from a couple of days before or after the trip. But after the trip I want to get a plane to brisbane and finally meet his aussie family in law. So depending on what way the trip goes I'll be going from Sydney or cairns.

A girl I know said she spend 4000 AUD in 2 months and hat was by missing out on a lot of experiences. Would 4000 AUD do for half of her time? Considering I could stay at my uncles in kingscliff for s few days but I would like to stay at a hostel in the busy part of brisbane aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

The 18 day package looks good but I'm a kettle confused with it. There is an option for no transport but I need transport so is the standard price for me?

It says it's a party tour so would we be going to clubs or bars etc a lot? The contiki one seems very relaxed and to be honest, I'd like to party at night or at least have the option to.

So many options to choose from all very the Internet that I'll have to give it time and choose but for now I'll start my savings fund :)

At the bottom it details the bus option which is around 365 IIRC. You can do that trip as quick or slow as you want so you could potentially stop if in Brisbane in the middle of your trip and go see family and travel up/down the coast.

I travelled Cairns to Sydney but kind of regretted if as everyone I met was going the opposite way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

A plane to Gold Coast would be a much easier way of getting to Kingscliff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Best to get a quote off all the different tour companies to see which one gives you the best deal, I was in Cairns last year and wrote down everything I wanted to do, went from one tour company to another and the difference in prices between different companies was a few hundred, be worth your time to shoot them an email, give them your basic requirements and ask for a quote, don't let them sell you extra free tours, their never free, and they are usually never good! Enjoy your trip! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Hi. Just wondering if u went with Contiki in the end??

Advertisement