Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP with Physics Questions Needed!

Options
  • 28-02-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Just stumbled across these 2 questions while revising Pressure,Gravity & Moments.

1) The height of a mercury column in a mercury barometer is .75cm. Given that the density of Mercury is 1.36 x 10^4 kg m^-3, find the pressure of the atmosphere on that day.

2) A layer of silver 0.02mm thick is deposited by eloctrolysis onto a spoon of total surface area 20cm^2.
    Calculate the volume of silver used. Calculate the mass of silver used(Density of silver=1.05 x 10^4 kg m^-3)

Any help with these question would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

1) Pressure = density x gravity x height

2) Volume = length x width x height

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ABCE

Thanks a lot! I didn't know there was a formula for Pressure other than P=F/A

For the 2nd one, which is which? They only give 2 figures so how do I get the third from that?

The surface area is l x w, just multiply the two you're given together

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ABCE

Lol,feeling stupid now..
    Anyway,thanks for the help!!

No prob, let me know if you need any more help

• Advertisement
Advertisement