Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl: Parkside® 2,100W High Pressure Washer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

I purchased one of these a few years ago and had to return 3 of them after 1 week as the gun was leaking and eventually took a full refund. I'm sure they have sorted this problem by now though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Are these off the mains or can they just be piped to a barrel?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Are these off the mains or can they just be piped to a barrel?
    Description says it can work off mains with an inbuilt suction function with optional suction hose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'd a parkside washer that was a complete waste of cash. Lance and spray gun not built to withstand the internal pressure. Constant splits and leaks. Service and parts must be requested directly with uk manufacturer. Local store will only offer refund so keep receipt secure. Endless runaround frunaror what was clearly a common design fault. Replacement Lances and tubes from other manufacturers won't work as park side have their own unique parts and connector types - only available via their web store.

The nilfisk range are far superior and recommend on numerous car detailing forums. Amazon and Argos often have them on offer. My tip would be to set up a few camel camel price alerts for the models you like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

A fisher price toy, would have had washed the car better with myself and a semi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

How on earth they get away with this is beyond me.

Can they not come up with their own brand?

102798wk0915_01_f.jpg
    11801510_popup.jpg?150126

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

As other posters have said...don't bother...I bought one and had to return it after the first use.

It's a pity Lidl stopped doing the Lavor 160 pressure washer. My parents bought one (must be 10yrs ago now) and it's still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i find most pressure washers (of any make) a pain in the arse esp when it comes to washing a car

you plug in the hose, plug in the extension lead then if the water pressure is too high the hose unplugs so you go to replug it, you trip over the power lead then the power lead gets tangled up with the hose, you trip up again :mad: AAAAAAAAAArrrHHHHHHHHH!!!!

feck this!! i just use a bucket and a sponge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

I got nilfisk from argos on sale 125bars 2 or 3 years ago used very often its very good aluminum pump. Dont remmber price now but not much bigger than this. My frend bought on DoneDeal Karcher K4 almost new and this is briliant washer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

I bought one last time. Still going strong.

It did look like it was leaking from the inside handle once - like it had split - went uh uh shoulda listened to boards.

But on close examination it was simply to fasten the hose to the gun tighter using the provided spanner - hand tight is not enough.

Also make sure they tiny washers on the hose are intact.

No problems since - great powerful washer.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 fizzles

Karcher compact home and car pressure washer now €49.99 reduced from €159.99 in
    DID sale. Just bought one online!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

fizzles wrote: »
    Karcher compact home and car pressure washer now €49.99 reduced from €159.99 in
    DID sale. Just bought one online!

damn i just checked DID and no pressure washers showing :(
    id rather have a karcher than parkside tbh. used to use a big karcher most days in work .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Edgey75 wrote: »
    id rather have a karcher than parkside tbh. used to use a big karcher most days in work .

That one has a k2 plastic pump and a 1 year warranty. Believe me you can not draw any comparison between that and a commercial rated one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Edgey75 wrote: »
    They're on sale in Woodies also.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Alias G

Get away with what exactly. Having a bit of yellow on their product?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Alias G wrote: »

You know well .. If you dont then you need glasses.

Its the Aldi and Lidl business model. Poach other peoples ideas and make sure its just legal.

article_2508069_196_FDB3_A00000578_551_634x460.jpg
    article_2508069_196_FDD1_B00000578_101_634x332.jpg
    article_2508069_196_FDD9400000578_972_634x843.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I think you'll find that it looks a lot more like a lavor washer, and has lavor compatible fittings, and in all likelyhood is made by lavor to a lower quality/price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Its the Aldi and Lidl business model. Poach other peoples ideas and make sure its just legal.

I wouldn't be so sure about that tbh, there could be more than one reason those products are so similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Doubt anybody has ever picked up a packet of choco rice and thought they had coco pops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

Alias G wrote: »

JCB were first with the Yellow & Black look - everyone else copied..

Ripley-Power-Loader.jpg

:)

“Roll it back”

Advertisement