Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Ants HD IP Camera (Dropcam Clone) for less then €30

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Orange first then flashing blue. Just try the setup routine, should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Thanks plugged it out and in again; and orange for a few mins and flashing blue again. I'll fool it somehow! thanks

Set up routine works fine on flashing blue.

:D:D I love the translations "detecting, please eat spicy strip package patience...."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Ordered the 1080p version from aliexpress about 10 days ago, currently in transit. How long did it take you for full delivery?

• Advertisement

I ordered Feb 4 and it was in Customs last Friday. So about a month, give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Has anyone got this working with iOS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Who did you order from that you got stung with customs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Powered this for 24 hours using a xiaomi 10400 battery power pack.

Are most people just using the standard xiaomi apps to view or are you using other IP/rtsp viewer apps?

Who did you order from that you got stung with customs?
    aliexpress via sweden post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Are most people just using the standard xiaomi apps to view or are you using other IP/rtsp viewer apps?

The login details for the RTSP are unknown (if you have the latest firmware), so I'm using the modded english version of the app.

How do you find the IP address of the camera, once you have it up and running ?

D'oh, found it!!

I'm kind of stuck on the fence about buying one of these....don't suppose anyone can upload some footage from the camera to help me decide please? Keep it clean! :D

Have this up and running now using Ispy so it allows you to set up motion detection, zones, alerts etc. and it works very well, only problem is I cannot figure out how to set the IP to a static address, so I have to keep checking it and updating it manually in Ispy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Anyone have any luck getting it to work with the Smarthome app to do the motion detection?

Arrived yesterday, have it setup on Smart Home and Ants Camera apps. I can access them remotely through my phone no problem too.

Is there a way to view the feed in a browser? Or do I need to go third party via RTSP?

If you can get the IP address of the camera and open it in a browser it will let you browse the contents of the micro sd card ( the recordings), have not found a way to set the IP address though as it keeps changing, so accessing it from outside your home network is a struggle.

You can view the recordings through the phone app, ( the orange bits along the timeline indicate motion detected ).

eamonnq wrote: »
    If you can get the IP address of the camera and open it in a browser it will let you browse the contents of the micro sd card ( the recordings), have not found a way to set the IP address though as it keeps changing, so accessing it from outside your home network is a struggle.

You can view the recordings through the phone app, ( the orange bits along the timeline indicate motion detected ).

I can view Realtime through the apps, I don't have recording setup. Was hoping Xiaomi had a webpage equivalent for viewing the stream. If not, I'll use port forwarding on 554 and use the following links to stream in a browser (using WAN):

Main stream:rtsp://<wan_ip>:554/ch0_0.h264
    Minor stream:rtsp://<wan_ip>:554/ch0_1.h264
    Audio stream:rtsp://<wan_ip>:554/ch0_3.h264

You could turn off DHCP on your router after the device has been assigned an IP?

stevire wrote: »
    I can view Realtime through the apps, I don't have recording setup. Was hoping Xiaomi had a webpage equivalent for viewing the stream. If not, I'll use port forwarding on 554 and use the following links to stream in a browser (using WAN):

Main stream:rtsp://<wan_ip>:554/ch0_0.h264
    Minor stream:rtsp://<wan_ip>:554/ch0_1.h264
    Audio stream:rtsp://<wan_ip>:554/ch0_3.h264

You could turn off DHCP on your router after the device has been assigned an IP?

The recording is done automatically to the SD card AFAIK, as I did no setting up for recording either, the recording are just there on the card.

Not sure if turning off DHCP on the router might cause problems for other devices on my network.

Arrived yesterday, have it setup on Smart Home and Ants Camera apps. I can access them remotely through my phone no problem too.

Is there a way to view the feed in a browser? Or do I need to go third party via RTSP?

Is there some magic to getting the Smart Home app to work as I've only ever got the Camera one going :confused:

Watch out for a firmware upgrade for the camera as it puts a password on the RTSP stream that nobody knew last time I looked.

• Advertisement

opus wrote: »
    Is there some magic to getting the Smart Home app to work as I've only ever got the Camera one going :confused:

Watch out for a firmware upgrade for the camera as it puts a password on the RTSP stream that nobody knew last time I looked.

Where do you get the SmartHome app for it ? I only have the camera one.

Are you logging in via MI account on Smart Home app? I set one up on the web, then added the camera through the camera app, then logged into the Smart Home app with MI account and it was there.

I'm using the translated apps found here:
    http://en.miui.com/thread-73032-1-1.html

Are you logging in via MI account on Smart Home app? I set one up on the web, then added the camera through the camera app, then logged into the Smart Home app with MI account and it was there.

I'm using the translated apps found here:
    http://en.miui.com/thread-73032-1-1.html

Cheers, yes I'm logging in on the Smart Home thing with a MI account but it doesn't have the camera in there. If I try to add it manually, it seems to find it, then asks for the wifi password, tries to do something (progress wheel goes upto 100%) and then says it fails.

Spotted on the thread on the miui forum that somebody is planning a fully translated version of the latest version of the app so maybe that will help.

Cheers, yes I'm logging in on the Smart Home thing with a MI account but it doesn't have the camera in there. If I try to add it manually, it seems to find it, then asks for the wifi password, tries to do something (progress wheel goes upto 100%) and then says it fails.

Spotted on the thread on the miui forum that somebody is planning a fully translated version of the latest version of the app so maybe that will help.

I tried it last night, and when I try to add the camera and get to selecting the wifi, it tells me that I cannot select my wifi as it has to connect to a router ? :confused:

The camera is already connected to my wifi anyway, so not sure what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Would this work as a baby monitor? Just exploring some alternative options...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Would this work as a baby monitor? Just exploring some alternative options...

Yes once it's bright, some baby monitors have infra red and temperature readouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Del2005 wrote: »
    Yes once it's bright, some baby monitors have infra red and temperature readouts.

I bought one last week with that in mind. I'll have to test it out with low light to see if it's usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I got 3 of them delivered.Unfortunately with all 3 connected at the same time they seem to be conflicting with one another. They work fine individually,however.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Nforce wrote: »
    I got 3 of them delivered.Unfortunately with all 3 connected at the same time they seem to be conflicting with one another. They work fine individually,however.

If you're looking to sell one let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

received this today and cant get app to connect to it, the orange light is flashing on camera and i have disabled wifi security and firewalls.
    any suggestions please ?
    thanks

Advertisement