Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peg14's study log 2015

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

mock update:

Art Craft - Happy enough for what is only a mock exam. If it were the real thing, definitely not!!! But I've learned a few things so I don't really care!!

German - Okay, yes happy with German. Bit unsure about the last Q on comp A, might have lost stupid marks but anyways, whats done is done. Listening was okay but my writing was absolutely not :P Hopefully I won't lose too many marks on that.

Maths PAPER 1: Not too bad (in that I think I scraped a pass) I obviously want to do miles better for the real one.

Just music and maths P2 left :)

Finished today, gonna have some pizza now then carrot cake as a reward yano

Maths P2 was absolutely horrible, didn't even get the chance to answer a 50marker even though the question seemed actually like one of the easier ones. Stats stole all my time. Ah well

Music: Not good either, but at least I think I passed. Didn't know any of the irish music essays and the melody and harmony was difficult. Set works not too bad but sometimes I'm never sure what they're really asking..

Time for some peace!!:D

In order of how I think I did best to worst in:

German
    Irish
    English
    Art
    Biology
    Music
    Maths

Not going to predict grades cause I honestly have no clue

think I better start back the revision today. 4 days of four hours each seems all right to me - not too much

Need to get the following things done by Saturday

IRISH
    * Sraithpictiurs 1-20 (1-5 today, 6-10 tomorrow, 11-15 Thurs and 16-20 Fri.)
    * Oral Topics 1) Me Fein, Mo Cheantar.. 2)Mo Scoil 3)Mo Laethanta Saoire 4)Taisteal 5)Cursa/Gairm 6) Caitheamh Aimsire

GERMAN
    * Role plays (1 each day)
    * Picture stories (1 each day)
    * Oral Topics

That's my plan from now till Fri. Will take weekend off. Midterm will probably be my last break until the LC is over.
    If I have time, I will do some Maths exam papers. The Line/Circle needs lots of practice, I was good at this last year but this year, not really so need to fix that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Ag_science2015

How to you learn the picture stories. Cant seem to learn them at all and have a test on 1-10 on Monday :(

How to you learn the picture stories. Cant seem to learn them at all and have a test on 1-10 on Monday :(

Hey. I write them out in my own handwriting, read them a few times outloud, highlight the key words, and just try to recall them. Tbh I don't think this way is very effective, I struggle to recall anything when I start looking at another picture.

like most people I didn't really do much, but every little helps surely!
    Got 15 sraithpictiurs learned. My plan to get the full 20 done was a bit optimistic. Will get the next 5 done easily enough over the next week, one each evening.
    For oral topics, I have done Caitheamh Aimsire, Me Fein Mo Chontae etc and Cursa/Gairm. Will also finish the other topics over next week.

German - all roleplays and picture sequences complete. For conversation part, did myself, my area, job opportunities, started school .Should get school finished this evening.

Will also make a timetable for the next few weeks till Easter. Need to sort out my Music folder, if I can find it.

2 results back, quite happy

English - B2
    Irish - B2

Feel like I deserved a B1 in English but my paper one literally dragged me down so much, I did really well in my paper 2 though. I just need to work funnily enough on my mechanics for paper one, that seemed to affect my composition mark a lot! I prepared nothing for P1 so I'm sure if I prepared a few things like quotes and interesting similes and stuff that would boost my mark up ten percent. QB was a disaster, I think I completely misinterpreted the task or something because I thought I had written a great piece in my exam, obviously not!

Irish, listening needs to be worked on. Very happy with essay mark, and An Triail and ofcourse the comprehensions. Poetry, feel like I deserved at least 26/30 and for prose obviously need to learn them.

Kind of have an idea now what I want to put 1st on CAO
    So either German and English Lit OR English Lit and Music!! (At TCD)
    Leaning toward the latter at the moment because I'm just so interested in music, and then English I've always loved analyzing things, and while I may not be a natural at the subject, I just love the challenge it gives me.
    I'm kind of torn then between pursuing the German or Music. Realistically German has the more opportunities. I very much enjoy the language, its definitely one of my better subjects, and I would feel it such a shame to drop it now after 6 years.

Need to work harder for next week.
    Got to finish Georgian Period Notes and European Art notes.
    Do 4 chapters in Biology with some exam questions.
    Maths - Financial Maths, Sequences, Algebra, Circle. More concerned with P1 revision as teacher is giving us a Paper 2 handout every weekend now.
    Irish - One essay, An Triail Revision, One Prose.
    English - Single Text (Othello's Downfall plan), Comparative Revision, QB/Composition Planning.
    Music - Listen to Setworks. DO THIS - Maybe one Irish essay as well.
    German - Oral and Listening.

My Mock Results then

German - B1
    Art - B1 (Art history only, I expect practical to drag me back to maybe a B3.)
    Biology - B2
    English - B2
    Irish - B2
    Music - ?
    Maths - ?
    *Expect about 60% in music written, then add practical result so about a B3.
    * Maths - don't think I'll be counting this result!!!

Music Written - B3!!! Much more than expected:D Add practical mark to that and I thinks that about B2/B1

Maths back tomorrow:S

• Advertisement

Irish Oral tomorrow I think, though I'm not really prepared as much as I wish I was. My main priority is preparing for my music entrance test. Feeling really unconfident about it, no matter how much listening I do, I still can't get it.

Gonna do lots of listening for next week, I really hope I pass the exam because this is the course I want to do..the course I've finally decided on. The rest of my work will probably suffer.

music exam was all right, happy enough, did all I could really

Head down for next two weeks starting monday with weekends off.
    Not sure how many hours I should be doing a day?
    Made a timetable, lets hope I can stick it to it.
    If I pass the interview (after passing the entrance exam) then I will need to up my mocks by 35 points. Hopefully i'll improve my maths from here to june.

German Oral Friday. I had no idea how important the pic questions were until yesterday.
    Just realised once orals, and music practical complete, there is going to be so much time for studying all the other subjects.
    My maths - I look at the exam papers and think okay this is a lot of effort. I seriously need to up my game other wise I will fail. I'm going to keep telling myself that.

Well study log long time no see

Since then I've really slacked off quite a bit however I'm determined now!!!

Craft exam today went okay I suppose, nothing disastrous. Still life tomorrow, then Life drawing. Should be better, definitely.
    Going asleep now, after Art is finished, gonna be stuck in for the last 3 and half weeks, lots of focus on biology now, and maths.

TIMETABLE for this weekend/next week

Sat and Sun:

Irish
    4 prós
    4 poems
    An Triail

Maths
    Paper 1 revision

Biology
    Senses
    Growth Regulators
    Respiration
    Human Breathing System?/Evolution

German
    Listening

Music
    Melody
    Aural Skills?

Next week

English
    Othello
    Poetry

Irish
    All Essays and Phrases/Seanfhocals

Biology
    REVISION over as many chapters as possible
    Experiments
    Genetics

Maths
    Back to Paper 2 for the week. Learn theorems.

Art
    Georgian Period
    European Art

Music
    Setworks
    Harmonies/Melodies

German
    Vocab
    Listening

1. Deachrachtai ag Daoine Oga
    Spórt

2. Maths Paper 1 questions.

Didn't know much really tired.
    Yesterday got all poems and pros revised and the music Melody so grand with that

just want to add that I'm really enjoying maths study!! is that pure nuts

Actually I want to add my goal grades too. Last year my course was 425 or something but its really dropped in the last 2 years so I son't know what to expect, though it shouldn't rise too much I believe

Ok so here we go yo

Art: B1/B2 (But preferably b1 ;) )
    Happy with Practical. Though, you can never tell how you did, especially with that insanely picky marking scheme. Overall I feel I achieved a b3/b2 in it, so with really hard work with Art History I hope I can secure this mark.

Maths: C2-B3
    On a good day it could be a B, on a not so great day (but good day) it shall be a C. Definitely feel I'm getting more confident in the subject, as its coming more easier to me now with all the practice.

Irish: A2
    Maybe I can get the A1 but I imagine it will be insanely difficult. Oral went really well for me, so here's hoping the written does too!

German: A2/A1
    Anything less and I would honestly be disappointed. OK I didn't get the A in the JC, but I got the B1 the mocks, something like 83% and I made such stupid mistakes so I believe I can do it! This ofcourse depends on how I did in my oral which I hardly remember at this stage!

Music: B1/A2
    A1 will be very hard, it will depend entirely on the day.

Biology: A2/A1
    I believe in myself!! I still have mountains of work left to do though.

Then English. This is my backup subject so, not counting points for this yet.
    I really want around 540, I feel I deserve it tbh I 've been a hard worker!!! ;)

• Advertisement

ugh my study just isnt going that well
    i've decided im gona have to go in for supervised study, I just cant stand being at home
    got reproduction done, some maths Q, bit of art history.
    Going to push myself for weekend , I have to I have no other choice

Should probably update this
    How many days now?
    4 and a half.
    Feeling okay.
    I feel 75% of the way there in every subject - I just need to get it all revised now
    Today did Maths Questions, German Vocab and Listening, just finised Dickison and that's my first time learning her for an exam and I have to stay I'd love if she came up! Prefer her to Frost to be honest. Gonna do comparative now.
    Later I will learn all Paper 2 Irish stuff.

Tomorrow then, its serious business! Gotta wake up at 7am. Going to do Irish Paper 1, Ni Chuilleanain, Maths, German Vocab and Listening and Georgian Era (and michelangelo) Now gonna stop procrastinating!

thought I update this too

English: both papers went fine, definitely did better in my 2nd one which I was delighted with, the first exam has never really been my strong point anyways but I was happy enough with how it went.

Maths: I don't think I failed. Adding up marks in my own head and I assume I got around 50% in both.

Irish: Very happy with both exams. I'm sure it will be marked hard though.

Biology: Yeah I agree it was quite unusual and I made STUPID mistakes but you're always going to make them. Happy enough. Wouldn't do biology again.

Now Art History, Music and German. Not too bad! :)

Finished :D

I guess a recap then
    Art History: Really happy.
    Music: Happy enough!!
    German: Again happy enough.

Nothing went too rotten for me, maybe apart from Maths paper 2 but that was ages ago now so lets just forget about that ;)

Advertisement