Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

lipsy.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

shoeswm.jpg

19228513.jpg

http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=true&catalogId=33055&storeId=12554&categoryId=208037&parent_category_rn=208036&productId=1803911&langId=-1

13217853.jpg

rr2rz.jpg

I bought the first dress on Asos,

black shoes on boohoo, I also bought the pink ones, you can see them a few posts back I love them!

The black dress with the frills is from miss selfridge, I could only get a small pic so i've included the link to it on the website, I love the dress, it's really cute but it's too short on me, I'm around 5"7 but whatever it is about my proportions the dress doesn't even cover my bum, I decided to hold on to the dress and am hoping I'll be able to find a cute little tutu style skirt to wear under it......anyone have any ideas?

The vest top is from topshop and the last picture there of the tshirt isn't the one I have, I have the vest version like the one above it but it has that design on it, I love the 2 of them, prefer the charcoal one though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Not clothes but I just couldn't resist:

41QXcWk9hoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Cutest travel hairdryer EVER!!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Where'd you get it FUtoo ... it's lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Amazon:)

They sell them in Peter Mark aswell I think:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

After reading a couple of threads about leather satchels/manbags for college. I decided to go for the below on Amazon (even though I'm a laydee)(its real leather btw) Had £24 gift card balance left on my Amazon account so it *really* only cost me £14.50:) (total £38 ish)Did a bit of research on the brand "Rowallan" and it all seems good. Cost of same bag on another few websites is a whopping £80 - £89.99 (plus p&p) Hope its nice:)

Balitmore_flapover_messenger_bag.jpgmpm_4a127.jpgmpm_5a127.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭jos28

Picked this up for €50 last weekend in Castleisland
    http://www.frockaholics.com/Shop/file/ProductV2/cat/6/pid/3092/mcat/1/Ginsburgh-Check-Dress-With-Zip.htm
    Also got this in a dark plum colour
    http://www.modesuche24.de/damenmode/kleider-dirndl/Desigual-Vest-Il-Capricio-black/pidXX1998275
    And a black and white top from Religion that I cannot find a picture of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Must..stop..buying..clothes..

Picture6-3.png
    Picture7-3.png

Topshop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Must..stop..buying..clothes..<snip>Topshop!
    I love the cardigan, mush have a look at it myself. I have only bought 2 dresses and 2 pairs if jeans since my son was born...he has an amazing wardrobe though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Shopping in Newry yesterday. I really need to stop buying clothes. At least these were on sale :)

Floral maxi dress from Oasis
    attachment.php?attachmentid=124867&stc=1&d=1282301340

Shoes from barratts - reduced to £20
    attachment.php?attachmentid=124868&stc=1&d=1282301466

I also got a cool straw trilby (reduced to £5) and some flip flops (reduced to £2.40) in Accessorize. Can't find pics tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 thesuburbs

Been getting ready for autumn/winter early! Last 3 things I bought:

River Island faux fur. Really warm & cozy.

Zara cape & skirt (obviously never to be worn together!). Skirt is longer then what I'd usually wear - just below the knee - but looks really nice on and sits mid-waist. Cape will be brilliant with a big jumper and jeans come winter.

Also got some urban outfitters tops from Irish Cancer Society for 3 euro after a tip on this board. Bargain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

This craze has long passed with everyone else, but I love this bag!!!
    OOOHHHH! I have one too! I got it like 2 years back! I love it to bits. The padlock did fall off but my daddy worked his magic with superglue and a screwdriver! :)
    I'm gonna bring my Chloe bag out tonight now! :) Thank you for ressurecting my Paddington! :D
    I have a Paddington too, and it was a great investment. It has such lovely leather. Might take mine out, too! :D

Everytime I think I've exhausted the Oasis sale, I manage to find more goodies:
    5360004112.jpg
    I bough a few more bits from the accessory stand but there's no pics online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Okay I haven't bought them yet technically, but two pairs of Miss Selfridge brogues came into the shop today, one in Tan and one in Black in size 6, having never been worn with tags still on them (e61 / 40 english pounds). The manager priced them at 14.99 english pounds, and they fit, and I want!! If they are still there tomorrow..

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-4VLeG_menuiiF2Jr5pQY2Kuv6tvweFF25n7ftw3ZTYT4upE&t=1&usg=__eDPfkaMKvNzJLRp0k4AQXALEC90=

That photo makes them look very man-ish, but you fashion folk know what I mean. Shall I? EEK!

• Okay I haven't bought them yet technically, but two pairs of Miss Selfridge brogues came into the shop today, one in Tan and one in Black in size 6, having never been worn with tags still on them (e61 / 40 english pounds). The manager priced them at 14.99 english pounds, and they fit, and I want!! If they are still there tomorrow..

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-4VLeG_menuiiF2Jr5pQY2Kuv6tvweFF25n7ftw3ZTYT4upE&t=1&usg=__eDPfkaMKvNzJLRp0k4AQXALEC90=

That photo makes them look very man-ish, but you fashion folk know what I mean. Shall I? EEK!

Ooooh I like! I'd definitely get them. They'd look so cute with dresses, I've been after a pair like that for a while but they're so expensive in the shops.

Which shop do you work in? I never manage to find brand new brogues in Oxfam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Got this cute cardi in Oasis €31
    3630066405.jpg

and this belt in A-wear sale €3 - extra 20% off too
    http://www.awear.com/content/ebiz/awear/invt/10502550navy/10502550_Navy_medium.jpg

also got a grey tassled snood for only €1!

and 2 Gosh nailpolishes for €8

Got a nice animal print tunic dress in Dunnes, €28

I tried on this one too - very nice, saw the *exact* same dress in DP after for €55 v's €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ooooh I like! I'd definitely get them. They'd look so cute with dresses, I've been after a pair like that for a while but they're so expensive in the shops.

Which shop do you work in? I never manage to find brand new brogues in Oxfam.

The Children's Society in West Hampstead. I'm itching to get them or one pair tomorrow...the brown pair were lovely but worried they are too manny!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I tried on this one too - very nice, saw the *exact* same dress in DP after for €55 v's €30

I love that dress:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I got a few bits for my friend's wedding in October :)

weddinstuff.jpg

Dress was from Littlewoods, €62.
    Shoes from New Look, €18 on sale.
    Bag from New Look, €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickenchaser

Got some Catrice goodies, got the lot for < €15 (Cheap n Cheerful!)

Kajal Designer pencils (Bright Violet & Aqua Blue)

PopUp.jpg

Some nail colours
    020.jpg
    140.jpg
    100.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

249437_main?$hero$

Me like boots:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Anomic

asos.com £75 -

image1xl.jpg

and this for £28
    image1l.jpg

I love asos!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

guys thinking of buying these on monday, what do you think ??nice pair of slim jeans maybe?? i cant find a nice pair of dark was jeans :(
    http://www.asos.com/H-By-Hudson/H-By-Hudson-Ellington-Pointed-Lace-Up-Shoes/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=129766&cid=5773&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Brown

Got this in Aldo on sale yesterday ... just a little something to cheer me up :)

http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/handbags/shoulder-bags-totes/product/79451794-thoren/37

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A V A wrote: »
    guys thinking of buying these on monday, what do you think ??nice pair of slim jeans maybe?? i cant find a nice pair of dark was jeans :(
    http://www.asos.com/H-By-Hudson/H-By-Hudson-Ellington-Pointed-Lace-Up-Shoes/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=129766&cid=5773&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Brown

Like the shoes. I'd definitely go for a dark blue wash.

I like these and these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

737958.jpg

I've finally got into the whole check shirt craze..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Twee. wrote: »
    Like the shoes. I'd definitely go for a dark blue wash.

I like these and these.

hmm they are nice but iv a thing about getting jeans form the net , they might not fit my normal size , im a 32 waist and 30 leg so thats a 32 short but when i buy jeans like out of top man etc im a 34 u know , if they are to smal am i able to send them back for a bigger size
    ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I raided Penney's today and got loads of bargains! Bought a fleecy grey duffel jacket, it's hooded which I love - I can never find a nice jacket with a hood and you need one living in Galway in the winter! It was only €19 so I couldnt leave it, and they had it in black and brown too. They have woolly slouchy berets for €2, I got the grey one but I think I might go back and get the pink and the white. And the comfiest black brogues for €9. Success!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Debenhams buy one pair get the other half price :D

pumps.jpg

050010306460.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

This t-shirt, from a shop with an extraordinarily cute shop assistant I made a complete tit of myself in front of. :(

http://www.howies.co.uk/product.php/3500/24/

Few dresses in Camden, which looked nicer on the rack, and a cute bag in H&M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

bought this french connection dress for a wedding. do u think i need a wrap for the church and what u think for shoes and accessories, I'm also torn between wearing my hair down or up?

http://www.frenchconnection.com/product/woman+Collections+Dresses/71AQ3/Lady+Of+Leisure+Asymmetric+Dress.htm#BVRRWidgetID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

random10 wrote: »
    bought this french connection dress for a wedding. do u think i need a wrap for the church and what u think for shoes and accessories, I'm also torn between wearing my hair down or up?

http://www.frenchconnection.com/product/woman+Collections+Dresses/71AQ3/Lady+Of+Leisure+Asymmetric+Dress.htm#BVRRWidgetID

Hair up (it will be too much with the shoulder detail. I'd wear a wrap to the church, bare shoulders and all! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'd go with hair up as well. Because of the shoulder detail, I wouldn't wear a necklace, but go for statement earrings and a big bangle.
    A wrap/pashmina would probably be best as a cover up as the shoulder frill might stick out a bit with a cardigan or bolero. A structured blazer is also an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

image1xl.jpg

Just bought these off ASOS with the last fiver on a gift card. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with them or wear them with but they're so pretty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Sinall wrote: »

They're great, a real go with anything length by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

They're great, a real go with anything length by the looks of it.

Thanks Dotcomdolly! Yes, they do seem very versatile. In the shop I tried them on with a work dress (which didn't go at all!) and looked alarmingly like Puss in Boots from Shrek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

fonpokno wrote: »
    image1xl.jpg

Just bought these off ASOS with the last fiver on a gift card. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with them or wear them with but they're so pretty!
    Um.......what are these?! They look like underwear for men who are um.... feeling up or down !!! :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

"Lace Cuffs" is the name they're given on the site! Basically gloves. :)

fonpokno wrote: »
    "Lace Cuffs" is the name they're given on the site! Basically gloves. :)

They're Madonna gloves!
    LIKE_A_VIRGIN_COVER_VIRGIN_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

More treasures I've been gathering...

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

Huge tassled gypsy shawl (5 euro) and green wolly hat (5 euro) both from Positively 8th st vintage in Cork.

IMG_6238.jpg

Boxer/victoriana style boots from TK maxx in Cork (40 euro)

IMG_6232.jpg

Lovely cardis from Pennies, the blue one is actually more like the blue colour of my tights in the previous picture, the flash seems to have washed it out. (9 euro each)

IMG_5522.jpg

Accessories from Pennies, really nice glass pearls (2 euro I think), headband (maybe 1.50) and hat (4 euro I think).

pinkgunne1.jpg
    pinkgunne2.jpg

Vintage Gunne sax from Etsy. The lace is a bit damaged on one arm and the skirt has been shortened so it was only about 20euro.

blackgunneskirt2.jpg

Vintage gunne sax skirt with black lace underskirt, about 20euro on etsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Oh one more, got this sweet little vintage prairie dress reserved for me until I get a chance to top my card up ( I love etsy for doing that!), gonna get it taken up to just below my knees I'd say to make it more wearable...

125429.jpg

From Etsy (about 23 euro with postage). When it rains, it pours eh!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I finally found my perfect Mulberry Alexa copy! First bag I saw upon walking into TkMaxx! :)

Got it in a dark brown!

11224993_large.jpg

http://www.tkmaxx.com/view-all/turnlock-satchel/invt/11224993/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I finally found my perfect Mulberry Alexa copy! First bag I saw upon walking into TkMaxx! :)

Got it in a dark brown!
    Had that in my hand to buy it a few weeks ago - fab bag. They have them in grey and black also!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

I bought this cardigan yesterday for a fiver!

http://www.rarefashion.co.uk/sale/jackets-cardigans/tuck-sleeve-bolero.html

They've a few bargains in their sale!

Got it in a dark brown!

How much? It's gorgeous!

Ordered these boots from M&S on Sunday and collected today - in both colours! €60 each and used my €7 Oxfam vouchers off each pair.

Also collected pink check flannel shirt and this pintuck tunic from Next. They have €15 vouchers off your first online order in-store, I just used 2 alternate email adresses ;)

eta - tunic is going back , awful on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Absolutely gorgeous on...got loads of compliments on it Sat night :p

http://lipsy.co.uk/store/party-dresses/pleated-bodice-dress/product-is-DR03253_031

and

hi--shine-large-matinee-purse-16945_634148005164350563.jpg

hi--shine-large-matinee-purse-16949_634148005818890191.jpg
    I used it as a clutch the other night as it fit my iPhone adn lipgloss :D But it's a purse and I love it and it's pink inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Been hunting for a leather satchel all summer... just bought this on etsy! Can't wait for it to arrive! :D

il_430xN.168799366.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Orlee wrote: »
    How much? It's gorgeous!

€34.99! I just had to buy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭kat151283

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

%21B%296EZ1wBGk%7E$%28KGrHqF,%21g0Ew5ET2lPFBMPfHCR5Fw%7E%7E_35.JPG

Bought this on Ebay for €20! Bargain, I love it, so flattering.:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement