Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today only, cheap G29 from Amazon

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Good spot, not a bad deal at all considering the shifter is usually sold seperately, this wheel is a step backwards from logitech, the G27 is still the better setup.
    Also for maybe €100 more you could get a superior Thrustmaster T300 but for a starter setup its a decent wheel that will serve any simracer well for years.
    Id hesitate to call it a starter setup as its a solid wheel but the competition is so hot now that its classed as an entry level wheel.
    Some of the top guys are still running G25 wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

One of my friends bought one for his first wheel a few months back, he likes it.
    I would say it is a starter wheel tbh, it comes with better pedals than the T300 though.

I just bought a CSL Elite myself a couple of weeks ago, having a ball getting used to it.

Yeah standard T300 pedals are poor, CSL elite lovely bit of kit enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

I have the G29, the normal price is good for what you get, the pedals are apparently better than the TM. I cant complain anyway.

@ Titzon Toast How are you getting on with the CSL Elite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Dcully wrote: »
    @ Titzon Toast How are you getting on with the CSL Elite?

I'm really enjoying it so far, it's quite a step up in fidelity and detail over the T500.
    The in built tuning options and the little revlight/gear display are a nice touch.

I never got to try out the TM on a pc but on a console it felt very heavily damped for some reason. I've seen people mention that on a few forums before.

Fanatec are doing a great deal at the moment, €500 for the Elite and a set of non LC Pedals thrown in for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Good spot, not a bad deal at all considering the shifter is usually sold seperately, this wheel is a step backwards from logitech, the G27 is still the better setup.

Why do you think it's a step backwards?

I've owned both and they feel the same except the G29 has a modification to the brake pedal to make it stiffer and the extra buttons are a godsend.

The only con is that the shifter doesn't have buttons on it.

Just from what ive read about it to be honest, id be lying if i said i used one myself.
    Considering you get the shifter with the G27 and it was cheaper when it was being made too.
    However i do prefer the features on the wheel more with the G29, overall the G29 didnt improve upon the G27 at all really only cost more , thats enough to call the G27 a superior buy imo :)
    Forgot to mention the brake mod you speak of is just a load cell simulation and isnt meant to be great,lots of people have taken out the rubber thingy from the brake pedal but apparently your stuck with the effect it tries to provide via the software anyways.

I'm really enjoying it so far, it's quite a step up in fidelity and detail over the T500.
    The in built tuning options and the little revlight/gear display are a nice touch.

I never got to try out the TM on a pc but on a console it felt very heavily damped for some reason. I've seen people mention that on a few forums before.

Fanatec are doing a great deal at the moment, €500 for the Elite and a set of non LC Pedals thrown in for free.

The CSL elite is a belt driven unit if im not mistaken?

Id love if there was an affordable direct drive system.

The CSL elite is a belt driven unit if im not mistaken?

Id love if there was an affordable direct drive system.

Have you heard about the Feel VR direct drive wheel?
    There's an upcoming Kickstarter.

http://get.feelvr.game

Some guy on the Sim Racers Facebook group previewed it.

• Advertisement

Yeah its very interesting alright, i hope they deliver a solid reliable and affordable option.

Doge wrote: »

Whatever about kickstarting and paying early for a game like ve done with AC, AMS to name just two its a whole different ball game throwing €600 odd at something like this imho.
    As tempted as i was i felt it was too risky overall.
    I really hope it happens and turns out to be a real success.

That Feel VR looks like it could have shipping issues too, I cant justify taking a risk on it. Pedals look good too

Although 500 euro is a tempting price for all that gear. I might never get a product like this otherwise. Still on Early bird this morning

I ordered the pedals only for about 140 euro. I like my G29 wheel, and the wife would go nuts if I got an expensive wheel. Looking at the various reviews the design is unproven from an unproven company. Pedals are simpler if there is a problem and 2 year guarantee.
     Cheers for posting this, I was looking at the Fanatec pedals and these are way cheaper.

Thats seems like a wise choice to me BIGT4464,pedals are a far less risky investment than a DD wheel i would imagine.

I was watching a few iracing streamers the other night running the GT3 series, i has 3 streams open as these guys were running P2,P3 and P6 in the same race , P2 guy has high end gear worth $4000 according to his twitch profile of gear accuforce gear i think but top end stuff whatever the brand , P3 guy had a G27 with default pedals and the P6 guy had a CSL elite with its base level pedals, 3.6 seconds covered these guys after an hour long race, P3 guy was 1.1 behind P2 with his G27 :)

Sort of on a similar topic i ran that LUT Generator for AC lastnight and holy **** my G27 is totally fransformed and felt like i just purchased a €500 wheel :D
    I ran 15 laps practice at zolder a track i ran quite a lot over the weekend to coincide with the Blancplain real life series [sad i know :)] and my lap times were 1.2 - 1.4 seconds faster per lap :eek:

Thats seems like a wise choice to me BIGT4464,pedals are a far less risky investment than a DD wheel i would imagine.

I was watching a few iracing streamers the other night running the GT3 series, i has 3 streams open as these guys were running P2,P3 and P6 in the same race , P2 guy has high end gear worth $4000 according to his twitch profile of gear accuforce gear i think but top end stuff whatever the brand , P3 guy had a G27 with default pedals and the P6 guy had a CSL elite with its base level pedals, 3.6 seconds covered these guys after an hour long race, P3 guy was 1.1 behind P2 with his G27 :)

Sort of on a similar topic i ran that LUT Generator for AC lastnight and holy **** my G27 is totally fransformed and felt like i just purchased a €500 wheel :D
    I ran 15 laps practice at zolder a track i ran quite a lot over the weekend to coincide with the Blancplain real life series [sad i know :)] and my lap times were 1.2 - 1.4 seconds faster per lap :eek:

Thanks for the heads up on LUT Generator, must give that a go the next time I get back into Sim Racing.

Doge wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up on LUT Generator, must give that a go the next time I get back into Sim Racing.

No hassle, i honestly thought the comments about it on RD were exaggerated until i tried it myself, im shocked, i can feel when im losing grip a lot earlier and its more obvious and can correct the car so much better too, cant recommend it enough.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Was going to go for the feel vr thing myself too but they aren't saying where they are shipping from so the chance of getting hit with import charges on top of an already pricey set and without knowing the quality, put an end to it for me. Risky purchase

• Advertisement

No hassle, i honestly thought the comments about it on RD were exaggerated until i tried it myself, im shocked, i can feel when im losing grip a lot earlier and its more obvious and can correct the car so much better too, cant recommend it enough.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/

I tried the LUT generator again tonight for my G27,( I done something incorrectly first time and reverted to default again when it didn't feel right). It's a bloody excellent improvement. No rattling about even on the Nordschleife in the 98T . Good call man

Advertisement