Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Kavanagh falling out with Everybody

Options
  • 18-06-2019 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Who can fill me in here? Roddy gone, paddy gone, Chris fields gone completely gym name changed, Dylan tuke calling dannis a bum and calling James gallagher out,

Did I miss something

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

but1er wrote: »
    Who can fill me in here? Roddy gone, paddy gone, Chris fields gone completely gym name changed, Dylan tuke calling dannis a bum and calling James gallagher out,

Did I miss something

He's an arsehole that's why. Tuke calling anyone a bum is gas aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

ASOT wrote: »

Yeah but why what has caused it haha arse hole not answering my questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Tom Egan aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Did I miss something

Who says Roddy is gone?

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Who says Roddy is gone?

Well he's not training anyone over their in sbg takes no classes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think Roddy is doing a world tour giving classes last I heard. I think Ais moved to Chris's new gym as well but not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Correct me if I'm wrong but "SBG" is a Dutch Franchise and Roddy opening his own place in Charlestown following his increase in profile from the McGregor v Aldo bout made sense in of itself, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Diceicle wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but "SBG" is a Dutch Franchise and Roddy opening his own place in Charlestown following his increase in profile from the McGregor v Aldo bout made sense in of itself, no?

Isn't SBG Matt Thornton's gym? He's not Dutch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Isn't SBG Matt Thornton's gym? He's not Dutch!

Just looked it up. You're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diceicle wrote: »

Roddy had his own gym way before McGregor blew up called primal MMA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

MMA and Boxing teams are always having falling outs, comes with the territory. John seems like a bit of an odd character, I'd imagine he falls out with everyone eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Lads , there seems to have been a thread made here with no facts what so ever.

SBG is originally from the US, Portland, Oregon, have no idea where Dutch has been pulled from. Seems to have been just made up.

Roddy- Has his own gym. SBG Charlestown. He has been running a gym for sometime formally called Primal. He taught classes in the past in SBG HQ but now needs to focus on his own business.

Paddy - Again as opened his own gym and is focusing on that SBG Tallaght, along with a new political career.

Chris Fields - Again has his own gym, has left the SBG banner. There is a affiliation fee to be paid being part of a major gym franchise. I am sure Chris and Tom felt they are having their own successes in their team didn't feel the need to keep the affiliation.

Tom Egan - He left SBG Ireland in 2009 and moved to the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Paddy - Again as opened his own gym and is focusing on that SBG Tallaght, along with a new political career.

Small correction, Paddy runs SBG D24. He was one of the founders of SBG Tallaght but left to set up his current gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

ASOT wrote: »

Tuke has no love for James Gallagher either

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'd say there's probably a lot of good reasons why all those people mentioned above look like they've had a falling out but probably haven't really, like MartyMcFly has listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That's all completely normal as far as MMA gyms go. Anyone who trains MMA/BJJ would be very familar with affiliate structure. It's actually entirely normal in most businesses.

It's simply a case of focusing on his own business rather than being an employee in somebody elses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Small correction, Paddy runs SBG D24. He was one of the founders of SBG Tallaght but left to set up his current gym

Yep 100% right there, I get the two Tallaght gyms confused. Paddy is now SBG D24.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Literally a thread started due to false information and misinformed people. There is literally nothing going on, Kavanagh has not fallen out with anyone and to be honest is a genuinely nice guy who has done a lot for Irish MMA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Literally a thread started due to false information and misinformed people. There is literally nothing going on, Kavanagh has not fallen out with anyone and to be honest is a genuinely nice guy who has done a lot for Irish MMA

Well I'd say himself and Paddy have fallen out. The rest is the rumor mill in overdrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

Whelo79 wrote:
    Well I'd say himself and Paddy have fallen out. The rest is the rumor mill in overdrive.

Paddy was on Ariel Helwani's show a few weeks ago and said as much

• Advertisement

Paddy was on Ariel Helwani's show a few weeks ago and said as much

Yep and him and Tom King ranted about it unofficially on the no Shame podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

too many of the original lads no longer in touch or anything to do with JK - if you read between the lines I think you can see that something has happened

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Is there a link to this?

Is there a link to this?
    https://youtu.be/gtRJFDKTlH8?t=2399

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Tuke has no love for James Gallagher either

Does anyone like that Conor wannabe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Jeez thats all quite sad,seems that Kavanagh shafted the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Lads , there seems to have been a thread made here with no facts what so ever.

SBG is originally from the US, Portland, Oregon, have no idea where Dutch has been pulled from. Seems to have been just made up.

Roddy- Has his own gym. SBG Charlestown. He has been running a gym for sometime formally called Primal. He taught classes in the past in SBG HQ but now needs to focus on his own business.

Chris Fields - Again has his own gym, has left the SBG banner. There is a affiliation fee to be paid being part of a major gym franchise. I am sure Chris and Tom felt they are having their own successes in their team didn't feel the need to keep the affiliation.

Tom Egan - He left SBG Ireland in 2009 and moved to the states.

I think this probably sums it up perfectly.

I don't think that it's falling out with everyone as such, at least not in the way some people seem to think.

The gym and brand has grown a lot over the years, so naturally there will be some degree of drift with the core group, whether its lads concentrating on their own SBG offshoot, or lads branching out on their own altogether to make a name for their team, rather than be known as another SBG.

A bit more communication would have been good, after listening to that podast clip, but they're all adults, that kinda thing happens.

I can't belive we never mentioned ais the bash here, where is she gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Team KF with Chris and Tom.

She moved out to SBG Swords when it opened as a coach, I presume it's easier for her to get to or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

JohnMc1 wrote:
    Does anyone like that Conor wannabe?

Maybe if he was his own man instead of a pound shop McGregor. He too cocky for someone that hasn't got much to be cocky about also. Got starched a few fights ago too doesn't seem to have humbled him any

Advertisement