Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chrono 24 private seller

• 08-04-2020 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi im currently trying to buy a watch on chrono 24 and its up for a couple 200 less than most because the rest are shops.

This is a private seller and hes a new private seller on their to obviously not a weird thing, but just wanted to ask some of you guys. have you had any issues with the escrow service on chrono 24? and is there anyway i could confirm the watch is all good when i get it in post? ie shops closed per covid 19!

any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭893bet

What’s the watch?

I would wait. Delivery is a nightmare. Getting it checked is a nightmare. Prices have downward pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

893bet wrote: »
    What’s the watch?

I would wait. Delivery is a nightmare. Getting it checked is a nightmare. Prices have downward pressure.
    Its a breitling im about to pay for it im just slightly worried 🀔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Its a breitling im about to pay for it im just slightly worried ��

Lot of places wont verify breitling as they use generic movements which are easy to put in bogus watches. It will almost impossible to verify it at the moment even if you could find a place.

I have to say I would be cautious. It is likely fine, but for 200 euro I would rather be dealing with a retailer that has an ongoing business that would not like bad feedback. You are also going to be worried its a fake, and you will end up spending more than 200 to get it properly checked and serviced to find out.

agree 200 is peanuts between shop and private seller. Private guy is overpriced.

agree 200 is peanuts between shop and private seller. Private guy is overpriced.
    Thats the bad boy there i had the same one few years ago sick i sold it!

https://www.chrono24.com/breitling/chrono-avenger-m1--id14276138.htm

• Advertisement

Looks like an ok deal but I would run a mile from brand new private seller from Poland.

Looks like an ok deal but I would run a mile from brand new private seller from Poland.

Yeah thats my thoughts think im just gonna pull it thanks lads

Yeah thats my thoughts think im just gonna pull it thanks lads

Good decision. That watch is in absolute rag order as well, looks like it was used to hammer in nails. A good polish on a complex watch like that is easy 200 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

Good decision. That watch is in absolute rag order as well, looks like it was used to hammer in nails. A good polish on a complex watch like that is easy 200 euro.

I had a message written up saying how bet up it was but felt bad in case the Op bought it seeing that it was reserved so deleted :-) but yeah, that watch was in brutal condition.

In terms of Chrono24 trusted checkout, I'm in two minds on it. I bought a new Breitling earlier this year from it which was my first chrono experience. As soon as the package tracking is marked as delivered the money transfers to the sellers account. This means in theory they could post you a Daniel Wellington just for the craic and still get paid. I can see why that happens from a seller protection point of view but it would make me wary of a private sale. If you are buying from an actual dealer with physical location I think that it works pretty well.

redlead wrote: »
    I had a message written up saying how bet up it was but felt bad in case the Op bought it seeing that it was reserved so deleted :-) but yeah, that watch was in brutal condition.

In terms of Chrono24 trusted checkout, I'm in two minds on it. I bought a new Breitling earlier this year from it which was my first chrono experience. As soon as the package tracking is marked as delivered the money transfers to the sellers account. This means in theory they could post you a Daniel Wellington just for the craic and still get paid. I can see why that happens from a seller protection point of view but it would make me wary of a private sale. If you are buying from an actual dealer with physical location I think that it works pretty well.
    Haha i know it was marked etc its titanium iv a tissot touch titanium it the same gets marked but i was like feck it yano but yeah im looking st dealers ones atm. Theres one there from the states but id say id get whacked with customs yano. Next time lads be straight i can take it haha

• Advertisement

hey lads i took your advice and went with a dealer with good reviews and bought for 200 more with box and papers thanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

hey lads i took your advice and went with a dealer with good reviews and bought for 200 more with box and papers thanks for the replies :)

Wrist shot or it didn't happen :P

93862284_129891578637763_6125598360326897664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=Oa5bXX6PZ6AAX-4GfkP&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=d3be383030dd7ccfe9312ec23610149a&oe=5EC27DAA

just arrived :)

Look to be in great nick...well wear

Look to be in great nick...well wear
    Yeah its near pristine much better buy than what i was gonna do i forgot how good this watch looks like 😎

Advertisement