Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Aldi hot tub is back!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭listermint

4 lads living in the gaf so just over 20 a month each, thats 66 cent a day and each of us probably uses it 4-5 times a week. Bought it the first year they were out so this ones 3 years old now and has been running 80% of the time since then, was even great in the ‘big snow’ . Theres nothing like coming home from work and getting in to the tub for a few beers. Found an ebay seller doing 48 genuine filters for 80 euro delivered. Filter lasts about 20 days depending on use. Change the water monthly and its good to go.

4 lads dipping into a hot tub bacteria soup 5 times a week.

Yeah no thanks.

Yak.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/Sonderpreis-12x-Filter-Intex-S1-Poolfilter-Kartuschen-6x-Doppelpack-29001/163686344405?hash=item261c7766d5:g:9F4AAOSwF3Bejr3Z

Only listing 24 filters (12x double packs) for 34 plus shipping atm but obviously thats still 48 for 70

Cheers is that all i need to keep it clean? Still haven't pulled it out of the box, just have to make a little area for it during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Cheers is that all i need to keep it clean? Still haven't pulled it out of the box, just have to make a little area for it during the week.

Ive been using the bestway chemical tablets i get in the range, tub of 100 of them, it seems to keep the ph and chlorine level above board. The chlorine is pretty important. Ive found when you set up fresh water 2 tablets to start it off and topping up by 1 as each is fully dissolved keeps it regular enough.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Scroll back a few pages. I've listed what's required to keep it clean etc. Buy a net too, for any debris etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

tedpan wrote: »
    Scroll back a few pages. I've listed what's required to keep it clean etc. Buy a net too, for any debris etc.

Theres an intex hot tub cleaning kit that comes with a net on amazon thats pretty good, I also got a small fish tank net from a garden centre which catches finer debris

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Shame home delivery is not available like Aldi UK - would save having to try stores for stock etc.

They have them in Aldi UK online this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Anyone know where I can get one of these this week near Donabate?
    Old man has done his back in and this would do just the trick.
    I see they are in Argos, but they are closed.

If you can wait till the 18th B&Q normally have them and are due to open then.

Haven't seen them in Aldi for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

SteM wrote: »
    I don't think the word kinky requires quotation marks in this context tbh. :)

🀣🀣🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

If you can wait till the 18th B&Q normally have them and are due to open then.

Haven't seen them in Aldi for a good while.

Thanks.
    Hopefully he will be better by then. The funny thing is that he has membership of a health club that he normally goes to when he does in his back just for the jacuzzi. Hes going mad. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

hi all,

Missed the aldi/lidl offers, any suggestions on where or when such good value might be available? Thanks

😎

Not really the same but...these are at Euro Giant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

I have one , bought it last year, never used. I'll sell it to someone for what I paid for it , 400 euro iirc.

I went into Aldi , feeling a bit peckish around tea time, looking for a cooked chicken for my dinner, and came out with a hot tub!! Total impulse purchase. I did take it out of the box, and looked at it on my patio, awaiting assembly for a few weekends, before I packed it back in the box. I never inflated it, etc. So it's as new.

I thought I might assemble& inflate it during in lockdown but no. So i'll never use the thing. Better to sell it...

PM me if interested.

P.s. btw, Aldi don't even do cooked chickens either!! :))

Advertisement