Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copernicus Crater image

Options
  • 04-03-2020 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Photo taken this evening using my mobilephone attached to telescope. Beginners effort, thought some here might enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What scope?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

Thargor wrote: »
    What scope?

It's a Celestron Inspire 100 AZ, with a samsung A5 phone strapped on to it. The zoom from the phone adds some real bang to the experience.

I'm thinking of getting a phone with a better camera to see how much that improves things when it comes to homing in on lunar detail.

Acknowledged same phone with a stronger scope may deliver yet better results!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

My guess is the scope is the limiting factor there, more so than the camera. The smallest features that can be resolved are way bigger than a pixel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Limiting factor ...the weather !
    Moon is clearer in the winter months but the clouds makes it hard to predict a proper astro session.

Tonight is the "worm moon".
    Weather, crap as usually...

Advertisement